Introduce yourselves please!

This forum is for those who would like to volunteer other offers of assistance such as temporary fostering, ground transport, promotional material, website help, etc.
All user requests for these services must be done via PM or email.

Re: Introduce yourselves please!

Postby Dawna Christy on Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:56 am

My name is Dawna Christy & I live in Sumter County, Florida. I have been a foster home for a local no-kill, non-profit animal rescue for 10 years. I recently had the pleasure of moving most of my fosters to our new facility in Groveland, Florida & still spend alot of time with them. I am offering transport, possible fostering overnight or for a few days & networking to get these babies where they need to go. I am a two time cancer survivor & do not work but am able to drive, take care of & help in any way I can to make a difference in the lives of animals.
Dawna Christy

Postby Allan on Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:19 pm

I am a insterment rated commercial pilot. One of my planes seats four and carries 250 llbs of luggage or one or two crates for dogs. My plane I will use for transport is a Piper Dakota. I am hangared out of Medford, Oregon (MFR). I will travel up to 150 nm from MFR. Love animals and will do all I can to help out. Allan
Allan

Postby marlana_anderson on Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:12 am

Hello my name is Marlana and I work with Boston Terrier Rescue of East TN. I am a foster mom and PnP Transport Coordinator for BTR ET and also assist most of our sister organizations with PnP posting since they do not have someone who can devote full time to it. I currently foster 4 dogs but have 10. Six are my personal dogs all adopted from BTR ET they are: Oliver age 11, Grandpa age 15, Emma Leigh age 11, Pogo Rose age 12, Daisy Ann age 11 and Gran Gran age 12. My four fosters are: Victor age 3(Deaf-just adopted), Hayleigh Grace age 1(just adopted), Deliah Miracle age 12, Bailey Raye age 12.

I am disabled from an work injury that caused a disk to bulge in the L5-S1 area as well as a disk degeneration disease that effects that area and more, but I do not let that get me down my motto is" Have Scooter will travel!" I have a business management and marketing degree. I am an avid gamer! I love to play Dungeons and Dragons, WoW(World of Warcraft) and love to read and write.

I am a FaceBook addict of course!! LOL!
Thanks
Marlana S. Anderson
Boston Air HQ
marlana_anderson

Postby jamiesota on Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:24 am

HI my name is Jamie, I have parazlyed dog comming into LAX on the 13 going to Fargo ND any piolets out there?
jamiesota

Postby jamiesota on Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:24 pm

thank you so much for responding to my post. our fur baby will be home on the 14th we are useing Delta Dash for his transport

thanks again,
Jamie
jamiesota

Postby wolfkb1 on Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi! My name is Kay. I'm new to Pilots N Paws and am humbled by the great efforts of so many people helping animals. I am a rescuer of dogs, primarily bully breeds on death row and/or from severe abuse and neglect such as fighting rings. I network and coordinate rescues for these dogs all over the United States. I live in the southern part of Texas in a rural suburb south of Houston. Thank you to all the pilots and other volunteers of Pilots N Paws. It is challenging when a dog or any animal in need is in one place, but needs to be transported many miles to the rescue organization willing to help. I'm glad I joined.
wolfkb1
wolfkb1

Postby wufmama on Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:25 am

Hello All!

My name is Regina, and I am in Lincoln, Ne. 68503 (LNK). I have been aware of this organization and the great work everyone is doing for some time now. In fact, as I have been familiarizing myself with the discussions, I have discovered that there are several other members on here with whom I have either a passing familiarity, or know outright. So, I guess that makes me feel likeless of an intruder into (dare I say it?? LOL) anyones rarified -AIR- space. (Sorry, humor invades)

Why I am here now, is to perhaps extend what I have done all my life into a new level of activity. I have spent my life involved in one way or another...or another... with the lives of primarily the larger northern type breeds. My family always did rescue and rehab and fostering and finding forever homes - I didnt understand that everyone didnt do these things until some time in early grade school - and that particular epiphany was a shocker. It has been followed by a lifetime of incomprehension of the root causes for mistreatment of companion animals in particular. I just dont, and probably never will - understand it.

At any rate, I am not here to write that book. I am here to continue to assist as I might with rescue and transport of the large breeds, northern in particular. What prompted me to come back to this site, and investigate it a bit more deeply than before is that, right now, I am attempting to get a baby Saint B from point A to point B - B being to me, as her forever home. I guess attempting a personal rescue can serve as well as another rescue to see how the gears mesh here with all the people involved. I just hope everyone will have mercy on me, as I have no doubt that this first stumbling attempt will result in my breaching as yet unfamiliar protocols, and stepping upon toes inadvertently. So please, allow me this learning experience?

As to dog specifics... I currently keep house for an aging old malamute/wolfdog; gifted to me and/or rescued Newfoundlands, and two retrievers, one of whom survived having most of the rest of her litter eaten in the puppymill that bred her, leaving her mouth and nose seriously mutilated. I am not a formal, titled, rescue....just a person who has had her hand in on some level all of her life. I engage with a number of those formal and titled rescues in terms of support and facilitation as needed, foster and place, and share the joys and burdens with others as we continue to handle the successes and failures so intrinsic to the rescue endeavor.

So there you have it - sorry about the length of this synopsis of my vitae.

Anyone in transit thru here, who needs an emergency overnight is welcome - just be prepared for an old house, and bulldozing dogs, joyous in welcome.

Glad to be here, and I hope to get to know many of you, and to achieve in unison all of our goals in this effort.

Regina (wufmama is my username on here)

PS: I typed this in bold because its easier to see on these old eyes!
wufmama

Postby Johns14J on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:38 am

Hi, my name is John. I'm an Airline Transport Pilot and I fly a Cherokee 180 for fun. My aircraft is based at KHWY, Warrenton, VA, just west of DC. I look forward to working with the group.
John Duncan
KHWY
Johns14J

Postby MansBestFriend on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:46 am

Hey All!

My name is Greg and after spending most of my life working with birds and wild birds, I am now shifting my focus to cat and dog work. Unfortunately I am not a pilot, but I am looking to become involved in this community. Thank you so much for being welcoming and i look forward to getting involved.
Save The Puppies, Seriously
Gregory Taft | www.birdtricks.com
MansBestFriend

Postby MarcS on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:56 pm

Hello all,

I'm Marc and I stumbled on to this forum yesterday. I'm a private pilot living in Buffalo, NY. I'm formerly active duty USAF, now currently a reservist going back to college. I'd love to get involved in these rescue flights, but there doesn't seem to be much activity around this area. I don't own a plane, so I offer my services as a co-pilot for now. Nice to meet you all!

Marc
MarcS

PreviousNext

Return to Other Volunteer Offers