501c3

A general discussion forum for all members interested in transporting needy animals.
Forum rules
Do not post transport requests here. Post them in Ride Board.
Jon

501c3

Post by Jon » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:51 pm

We who are doing rescue flights are spending some serious money with each flight. When those flights are for a 501c3 organization which some rescues or shelters are, your cost of that flight is tax deductible if you maintain accurate and detailed records and the rescue or shelter can acknowledge your contribution.

If we can get PNP recognized as a 501c3 organization we can make it much easier for pilots to make all their expenses flying rescues tax deductible. Is there anyone on this forum with any knowledge or expertise in this area of tax law willing to help get this done, or is there anyone who can pressure a golfing buddy who is an accountant or lawyer to help us? We don't have any money so if we have to pay for it we also need folks that can volunteer to contribute to help defray the costs.

If this is naive thinking on my part please straighten me out, but if this is realistice I would like to see us gain this status ASAP to help all the pilots who have been making flights.

Jon

lightwgt

Re: 501c3

Post by lightwgt » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:21 pm

Jon, I sent you a PM but I cannot tell if it went through? My cell# 314-941-1308 Jerome Ficken