2 Advisors here to help

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 3 Advisors here to help

Post by admin » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:19 pm

Florence,

If you are posting here and asking questions you are already logged in.

Instead of opening up this forum and open up the one that says Ride Board, Animals Needing Transport. Once you have that open, you will see NEW TOPIC on the upper left......click on that because you are requesting a NEW TOPIC which is a new transport request.

You must have your sending and receiving zip codes in order to post a request. It will ask you for those. Fill in your subject line with the sending and receiving city and state, then fill in your message part of the post and include your contact information and all the information about the animals needing transport. Then click submit at the bottom.

My guess is you are confused about the NEW TOPIC step in the process. You are just replying to topics already in this "help" part of the forum.

I hope you have it now, if not, we'll try again!
Debi

sandy rogers

Post by sandy rogers » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:05 pm

urgent request. i am new to pnp but find it exciting and wanting to help. i need help posting this request. i do rescue/transport work here in idaho. i am trying to rescue/adopt a dog in a high kill shelter in winfield w.v. 25210. had overnight foster and ride worked out for a flight to spokane, wa from charleston w.v. and when i called for the ticket was informed by delta that they won't fly dogs out of charleston after they said they would. so i am desperate to get her a ride around wed. 11-10 to either spokane washington 99210 area or huntsville alabama 35950. she is a norwegian elkhound/shepherd mix, 1 yr. old female, will be spayed on tuesday, 40 lbs. will have the h.c., rabies and other vacs., flea treatment, heartworm tests completed. if anyone can help me post this i will be so greatful as will lindsey the dog. i am willing to fly her from lexington to spokane commercially if need be and available however help with getting her on volunteer flights would be absolutely wonderful. thanks sandy rogers

sandy rogers

Post by sandy rogers » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:34 am

hi, i posted a request for a flight for a rescue dog, she is in a kill shelter on borrowed time, for a flight from huntington w.v.25213 area to huntsville al. 35950 or areas near, and made a mistake on the date and am having trouble changing it. it should read 11-10-10 on the title. also i would like to post if any commercial pilots might offer her a ride from either, charleston, wv., lexinton, ky, or cincinnati. cincinnati has a one stop flight to spokane wa. 99210 with the same plane that would be perfect with delta. the fair is too much to afford to fly her . can you help me get these requests posted correctly? thanks so much sandy rogers 208.772.3885 [email protected]

suzy
Zip Code: 29860

Post by suzy » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:57 pm

Hi Sandy,
First of all, I am attaching step-by-step instructions on how to post trips. You need to decide on a definite pick-up point and a definite destination. It's hard to follow exactly what you are wanting to do with this dog. The shorter the trip, the easier it is going to be to get pilots to help you. Check out the instructions I've attached first.

To change the date on your posting, go to "View Your Posts" at the top of the forum page. Find the posting you want to change, then click on "edit" in red on the posting itself. You can make any changes you want. Then hit the "Submit" button. It will come back up with your edited post. Just one suggestion, though. Limiting yourself to one day will limit the help you will get. Can you give a range of days?

Let us know if you need any more help.

Susie
PNP Advisor
Attachments
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PNP POSTINGS.doc
(30.5 KiB) Downloaded 173 times

christina.widerstrom

Post by christina.widerstrom » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:56 am

Solara's need became urgent and I am completely overwhelmed and incompetent unable to maixmize use of this site.. Please see posting OAK or SFO to ATX. Send any tips to [email protected] or call 512-584-1219. I need help. I am fearful my inability to navigate technology cost Solara dearly.

suzy

Post by suzy » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:34 am

Christine,
Have you clicked on "other mapping options" and then on the pilot option and sent individual e-mails to pilots? I will e-mail you and try to help you.
Suzy

medic935

Post by medic935 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:26 pm

I need a foster in either Springfield or Decatur, IL from tomorrow night (1/5/10) until saturday when the flight chain resumes. How do I post that need???

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No

Post by deeogee1 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:42 pm

Maria,
My suggestion would be to use one of the 2 cities you mention as both the "from & to" points and post the subject as "need foster for 3 days" or something similar.

Joanne

I gave bad advice-- :oops: Here is what I should have said:
..........it is fine to ask for volunteer fosters via PNP as long as you do it within your original requested topic or you can ask under the General Discussions forum by making a post there. By original request topic I mean the one you made for transport. Just hit reply to your own message and ask your question.

The reason for this is two fold. Every time you make a request on the Animals Needing Transport forum an automatic email gets sent to pilots along the route (if pilots have opted in for this feature). It also shows up as a transport request on our rescue transport map. We do not want any requests other then those for transport to be listed on that map or have unecessary emails sent to pilots.

Thank you all for you cooperation.

Admin

WillowsChange
Foster?: No

Post by WillowsChange » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:26 am

I have posted a need for a ride for a blind cocker spaniel, Las Vegas to Reno for the week of 3/7. I don't know how it ended up in the Done section, and I don't see how to change it. Should I just repost? Thank you!

suzy

Post by suzy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:10 pm

Yes, I would just repost it.