"DONE" Transport needed from MO to FL

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
redfish48
Zip Code: 34242
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KSRQ
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

"DONE" Transport needed from MO to FL

Post by redfish48 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:41 am

We now have a pilot that has volunteered to take 100lbs of pups n Sunday from MO to Knoxville, TN area. Is there anyone that could bring them into Fl?
Marti

We, Sarasota Humane Society, need help transporting 6 dogs from Fairdealing MO to Sarasota FL area. The dogs are coming from Kindred Rescue, the problem is the majority are 50#. 2 coonhounds (F). 50#'s. 2 shepard mix 50# (1-F/1-M) 1 Fox Terrier 4#'s (F), 1 Lab mix 30#'s (F). All dogs get along well. I know this might take combining pilots and even flights, so it could be a challenge. The rescue group is short on crates. I will contact- directly- the pilots I think might be in the route. Nearest airports are Poplar Bluff, Sikeston and Jonesboro. The owner is working two jobs to keep his rescue open so he is short on time to transport to airport but will work with any pilot willing to help him, along with us in the Sarasota area. Thanks! Redfish - Marti Mumma 941-809-2418 [email protected]

<map:37901-34230>
<map:37901-63939>
Last edited by redfish48 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

flying_greyhounds

Re: Transport needed from MO to FL

Post by flying_greyhounds » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:27 pm

Hello - my name is Rob H, and I am based on Sullivan, MO. I could possibly transport 2 dogs (100lbs total) this Saturday to Knoxville, Tn. IF we can arrange for transfer @ Knoxville we might be able to get this done. I will need to locate a crate for that will fit in my baggage area (34x34x16.5"), probably for a smaller dog (around 30-40 lbs).
[email protected]

skyking
Zip Code: 33043
Airport identifier: KMTH

Post by skyking » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:52 pm

I can fly the Florida portion for SOME of these transports. It would be helpful with the number of dogs being moved if we could get several pilots for each leg. So all of you Florida/Georgia/Tennessee/Missouri pilots, don't be bashful. This would be a good time to chime in.

Jeff
[email protected]

CleoBen
Zip Code: 45338
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: KVES

Post by CleoBen » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:04 pm

I can help with part of this mission. KMGM to KTLH would be doable for me for 2-3 dogs.

CB
Based at KCID in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. My range is about a 250 mile radius around KCID - Roughly defined by a circle including Green Bay, WI; Twin Cities, MN; Sioux Falls, SD; Lincoln, NE; Topeka, KS; St Louis, MO; Indianapolis, IN; and Benton Harbor, MI.

CleoBen
Zip Code: 45338
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: KVES

Post by CleoBen » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:40 pm

Update -

3 dogs, 2 Aussie Shepard / pit bull mix and 1 fox terrier mix, moved from MO (KPOF) to Bainbridge, GA (KBGE) today. Hopefully they'll finish their journey to Sarasota this week.

What is the status of the other 3 dogs?

CB
Based at KCID in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. My range is about a 250 mile radius around KCID - Roughly defined by a circle including Green Bay, WI; Twin Cities, MN; Sioux Falls, SD; Lincoln, NE; Topeka, KS; St Louis, MO; Indianapolis, IN; and Benton Harbor, MI.

skyking

Post by skyking » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:36 am

I am planning on flying to Bainbridge to pick up these pups on Tuesday. I will update the arrival/departure times as we get closer. I have 7 reptiles that need to go from Key West to Melbourne,FL and I will try to combine these transports.

Jeff

skyking

Post by skyking » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:56 pm

This transport is complete!! We transported the 3 pups from MO and picked up 3 more in Bainbridge, GA. All are doing well in Sarasota.

Jeff

kindredspirit

Post by kindredspirit » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:15 pm

TRANSPORT COMPLETE THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH KINDRED SPIRIT AND HSSC AND A SPECIAL THANKS TO DCHS IN GA FOR PROVIDING 2 DAYS CARE DUE TO WEATHER