Need Help from a Houston Area Rescue Group

A place for rescues to chat about rescue work, animals, transports etc.
zoe

Need Help from a Houston Area Rescue Group

Post by zoe » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:28 am

Hello,

I need some help from a Houston Area Rescue that has experience with transport. My parents adopted 2 dogs from the Houston SPCA 7 years ago. My Mom passed 2 years ago from cancer. My Dad had a heart attack and passed away last week. The older of the two dogs died the day of my Dad's funeral.

By the time I got to her, the younger dog was FREAKING OUT.

There was a contingency that felt the older dog should be put down and cremated/buried with my Dad because he was close to her -- I said no. So I thought her death possibly suspicious because of the timing, and pulled the younger dog out of the house and boarded her.

I need to bring her to my home in Sonoma County, California (95405) or to my father's sister in Orange County (92865).

I would prefer she be fostered than boarded in the meantime -- she is extremely stressed. And my funds are very limited.

I do not trust my family in Houston to help me. Not even with buying a crate for her.

She needs to be transported (I don't know the first thing.)

The dog is a lab mix, around 8 years and large. 68 pounds -- not overweight, she is tall and long. She is well behaved and quiet. And is more elegant and sweet than a typical goofy lab personality. She pulls on leash. (Her one not so great quality).

This poor dog has lost everyone.

I could really use some help here. If you are in the Houston area and can help please contact me, my cell is 707-548-1908. Or reply here I will be checking.

If you have advice for transport, please offer it.

If you have ideas for finding her a home, I'm open to that. I have 2 dogs already and truthfully it will not be ideal for her here for that reason. But I am 110% willing to take her, that or finding her a better home than mine would have been my parent's wishes.

Thank you.

BrittanyRescueTexas

Re: Need Help from a Houston Area Rescue Group

Post by BrittanyRescueTexas » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Have you gotten help yet?

tahoechick

Re: Need Help from a Houston Area Rescue Group

Post by tahoechick » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:29 am

Just saw your post, If you find a flight into or close to L.A. I can transport her by ground to Orange County!