Bugz, Tonka and Tess making a new start in Colorado

Heartwarming photos and videos of our rescued friends.
mboyd

Bugz, Tonka and Tess making a new start in Colorado

Post by mboyd » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:20 pm

It was several weeks in the making, and one flight canceled due to weather (which unfortunately can happen in Colorado in Winter), but these three great Retriever/mixes are now safely with the Retriever Rescue of Colorado and are ready to start their new lives.
hastings.jpg
Jay and the dogs at the Hastings airport
hastings.jpg (103.35 KiB) Viewed 756 times
They came from Hastings Nebraska where they were rescued and unable to find homes. My wife and I met up with the 3 dogs at the Hastings municipal airport. With a full airplane, my wife and I and our 3 passengers made the 3+ hour trip to the Erie airport just north of Denver. As seems to usually be the case, once the engine was started, the dogs all settled in and slept for most of the flight.
IMG_3087_2.jpg
Meeting the Retriever Rescue of Colorado folks at the airport.
IMG_3087_2.jpg (81.78 KiB) Viewed 755 times
Upon landing in Erie, we were greeted by the folks from Retriever Rescue of Colorado and Bugz new foster mom. In addition to a rescue flight, the dogs were able to get a little press time as 9News in Denver did a story on the flight. Hopefully this will not only help them find new forever homes, but help get the word out about Pilots N Paws. The video that aired on 9News is here:

http://www.9news.com/news/local/article ... yid=108934
IMG_3061_4.jpg
Dave Delozier from 9News trying to make me look good.
IMG_3061_4.jpg (65.96 KiB) Viewed 755 times
Special thanks to:
Lara from RROC for helping these dogs and many others.
Jay and Kim for all their help in Nebraska.
Vector Air (Erie FBO) for helping out with the arrival arrangements.
Debi and Jon for making their idea of PilotsNPaws a reality.
Dave Delozier and 9News for helping get the word out.

mboyd

Re: Bugz, Tonka and Tess making a new start in Colorado

Post by mboyd » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:35 pm

Ok, guess it only allows three pictures...but I had to put this one in as well. Lara, from Retriever Rescue of Colorado brought her daughters along and here they are playing with the puppies.
Erie_Pups.jpg
Puppies at Erie Airport.
Erie_Pups.jpg (129.38 KiB) Viewed 754 times