older dobie needs to go from LA-Van Nuys,CA to Red Bluff,CA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
annkoch

older dobie needs to go from LA-Van Nuys,CA to Red Bluff,CA

Post by annkoch » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:48 pm

Hi,

This is my first post, so I hope I am doing it properly. I am hoping someone can help an older doberman pinscher get to rescue. He is in the LA-Van Nuys, CA shelter, and I have a volunteer available to take him to a near by airport. Once someone replies, I can be told which airport. The dog is going to Red Bluff, so will probably need to transfer to another plane in Sacramento. But you folks know how to do that part of things! He is 11 years old. We can supply a soft crate and/or a safety harness. Because of his age, we are concerned that a driving trip would be too hard on him.

Please contact me at [email protected], or call me at 707.459.4457. My name is Ann Koch [map:91388-96080]

Cindy Smith

Re: older dobie needs to go from LA-Van Nuys,CA to Red Bluff,CA

Post by Cindy Smith » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:29 pm

Hi Ann...

If he can get North up to Livermore or even Modesto, I can take him the rest of the way up to Red Bluff.

What is your time frame?

Cindy Smith
N299JP
925-998-9309

workdog1

Post by workdog1 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:56 pm

I would be happy to transport the dobie from Kwhp or Kvny to Kmod anytime. If i remember correctly, it's about a 2 1/2 hour flight in my Cessna 152.

annkoch

Post by annkoch » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:55 pm

Thanks to everyone who replied! We have 2 pilots lined up for the trip, hopefully over the weekend of February 14th, weather permitting. I will keep everyone informed in case some hitch occurs. The dog is safely in foster now.--Ann