We were able to find Transport. Thank you!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
ktroy

We were able to find Transport. Thank you!

Post by ktroy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:00 pm

There is a Boxer Mix approx 45-50 lbs she is very sweet and loves to be petted. She is a little over a year old. She is due to be PTS on Sat. if we can't get her out of the York County Animal Control. We have a rescue in Scranton, PA that will take her, but we just need transport for her as soon as possible. Sat. would be ideal, because we have somone willing to transport to the airport. Her name is Cheerio......Can anyone Help? [map:29745-18501]
Last edited by ktroy on Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJK3737T
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KFDK
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Transport from York, SC to Scranton, PA

Post by DJK3737T » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:17 pm

I can't do anything Saturday, but there's a chance I might be able to make a flight on Sunday. I'm based in Frederick, MD., so Scranton is tolerably close by. However, doing the full trip by myself would make for a very long day -- upwards of seven and a half hours in the cockpit by the time I'm done. I did a trip that length recently and enjoyed it, but I'm not sure the family will stand for another one so soon.

If it were possible to pick her up a little closer to home -- Lynchburg, VA., maybe -- my chances would probably improve.

Another thing that would improve my chances would be if you'd post her picture, or e-mail one to [email protected]. That might help me get the necessary sympathy.

Good luck! And keep me informed.

-- DJK