Need a ride for Mickey the Gaston Boxer-Transport DONE

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Debra4dogs

Need a ride for Mickey the Gaston Boxer-Transport DONE

Post by Debra4dogs » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:47 pm

I am involved with a Boxer Rescue who has offered to take in a 5-7 year old male boxer from a high-kill, gassing shelter in Gaston, NC. I have found wonderful volunteers to help me with the pulling, fostering and vetting of this dog. Unfortunately, the closest that I can seem to get him to me on ground transport, so far, has been NJ. Since we are located in Scranton, PA..that is a little bit farther than we would have liked. Is there anyone who can get this poor boy to us from Charlotte, NC to Scranton, PA? I would appreciate any and all help available. Thanks a bunch. My email address is [email protected] if you wish to contact me. Debbie in PA

Thank you Rick and associates for completing this transport last evening!! Mickey is safe!!
I am a little unclear as to how I go about deleting this post. I take it that I cannot delete it on my own and someone else will take care of that. Sorry. First time having to do this!! But I will catch on. LOL Deb [map:27832-18501]
Last edited by Debra4dogs on Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

DJK3737T
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KFDK
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Need a ride for Mickey the Gaston Boxer

Post by DJK3737T » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:09 am

I might be able to help, but can't do anything before Saturday, and Sunday is out due to a family occasion. Keep me posted. You can e-mail me at [email protected].

By the way, is the shelter in "Gaston," or Gastonia? I've been to Gastonia -- it's down near Charlotte -- but am not familiar with Gaston, which of course doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Good luck!

-- DJK

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No

Post by admin » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:42 am

DJK3737T wrote:I might be able to help, but can't do anything before Saturday, and Sunday is out due to a family occasion. Keep me posted. You can e-mail me at [email protected].
By the way, is the shelter in "Gaston," or Gastonia? I've been to Gastonia -- it's down near Charlotte -- but am not familiar with Gaston, which of course doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.
Good luck!
-- DJK
DJK, "Gaston" is Gaston County west of Charlotte, NC. Gastonia is the city in Gaston County so you are correct!

Those of us in rescue know far too much about this gassing shelter and we just say the word "Gaston" without realizing those outside of rescue have no idea! Gaston does have an airport though it is in Charlotte airspace and you would need to check out how user friendly it is regarding approaches, just FYI. Not that it makes a difference but to some pilots it does.

Debi

DJK3737T
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KFDK

Post by DJK3737T » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:24 pm

Gastonia Municipal (airport code AKH) is a reasonable choice unless the weather's pretty low (in which case we might not want to attempt the flight in winter weather anyway) or the inbound aircraft doesn't have a GPS that's certified for instrument approaches (which mine does). In those cases, Rock Hill, S.C. (airport code UZA) would be more inviting.

They probably do NOT want us cluttering up the mix at Charlotte-Douglas International unless it's a genuine emergency, though there's certainly nothing illegal about that.

-- DJK