FYI March11 MISSING PILOT Joe Radford - Grand Canyon Village

A general discussion forum for all members interested in transporting needy animals.
Forum rules
Do not post transport requests here. Post them in Ride Board.
GetMeTherePlease

Re: FYI March11 MISSING PILOT Joe Radford - Grand Canyon Vil

Post by GetMeTherePlease » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:07 pm

richclover wrote:
Liza007 wrote:A well written article as devastating as this news is.

Thank you for the update Steve.

Off topic in the rescue community here.. not many of these transports are "off the grid " I would believe that if Joe were flying a hound someone would know.

Damned shame
The whole thing just breaks my heart
Agreed, we hate to see these things happen. I just found out about this a couple of days ago. Seems if he was transporting a pup, the volunteers on each end of the flight would know something was amiss.

Hopefully he'll be found OK, but with each passing day, it's not looking good. Blue skies and tailwinds, Joe!

=================================================================================================================================

I've seen that quote about Joe flying a furry passenger a few times lately myself and wondered where that came from. As I too would think that a Sending/Receiving rescue would have come forth and said that they were waiting for a furry passenger to arrive via Mr Radford thus would have given a somewhat of a flight path since it was stated that one wasn't placed. Had Joe been picking up and dropping off a furry passenger would this not have given search and rescue an idea of a flight plan than? anyways I haven't seen any rescues either sending or receiving step up and say that Joe was doing a transport for them so it is hard to believe that he was. I think as the original story that came out he was simply flying his plane March 11 and sadly something went amiss.

Prayers that he finds his way home safely

Cheryl
Roads of Hope

Steve Foley
Webmaster
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by Steve Foley » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:28 am

It appears that they have suspended the search:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... -ends.html

Liza007
Zip Code: 02563
Foster?: Yes
Airport identifier: 2B1

Post by Liza007 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:58 am

crap

Thanks for the update :(
I think as the original story that came out he was simply flying his plane March 11 and sadly something went amiss.
Prayers that he finds his way home safely
Cheryl
Agreed Cheryl... lord knows I know when these guys land even 5minutes behind schedule. They're family and I worry. I can't imagine anyone coordinating these transports not being the same.

bearlady

Post by bearlady » Wed May 11, 2011 4:23 am

Is there any news? Prayers and xxg paws for a miracle Oklahoma lucky dawg Rescue :cry:

GetMeTherePlease

Post by GetMeTherePlease » Wed May 11, 2011 9:19 am

bearlady wrote:Is there any news? Prayers and xxg paws for a miracle Oklahoma lucky dawg Rescue :cry:

I've been on this website watching his brothers John and Jim have posted to it. But as of April I don't see anything. I do not believe Joe has been found.

Reading the sorrow of John and Jim brought me to tears it's been 2 months Today since he has gone Missing wish something would surface if only just to give "closure"

http://fortheloveofthedogblog.com/news- ... is-missing

Cheryl
Roads of Hope

stars2chase
Zip Code: 85027

Post by stars2chase » Wed May 11, 2011 9:37 am

It's very hard for us...those that liked, loved, and appreciated Joe for the man he is/was. The unknown is dreadful. Not a day goes by without thinking of our friend. Please keep us posted when you hear of anything. I would certainly want to be at memorial for Joe if it comes to that.

Best Regards to Joe's family and friends.

Terry

cooper

Post by cooper » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:29 am

Joe,
I miss you, knowning in my heart we will never walk the ramps again, watch a wind sock on a sunday, or argue about some silly fastener makes my heart ache
to my instructor, to that pain in my a**, and to my friend. clear skys and a slight cross wind (just to make it fun)

nerver will a prop turn and I not think of you

Chris

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:47 am

We will never, ever forget Joe, I know he remains in the hearts of many. The family has not announced any type of memorial for Joe and in respect of their wishes, we will just continue to remember how much Joe meant to all of us.

Debi

GetMeTherePlease

Post by GetMeTherePlease » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:40 pm

Wow June 11 three months and still no word. I am not even family and my heart aches at each "anniversary date" when I look for an update and see there is none. I can only imagine how Joe's family and friends are feeling on this day. All I pray is that they are strong and continue to be so, because one day God will bring Joe home for his family and friends to wish him a proper farewell.

Godspeed Joe Radcliff I know in my heart that many furry friends were joyously happy to have greeted you.

Cheryl
Roads of Hope
http://www.roadsofhope.org

suzanne

Post by suzanne » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:34 am

Joe's loss is so very, very tragic because he was definitely one of the Good Guys.

I did not know him but am a volunteer with National Great Pyrenees Rescue and feel a kinship with anyone involved in assisting animals in need.

To all of you who so generously offer your time and flying skills, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.

Suzanne Phillips
National Great Pyrenees Rescue
Rochester, NY