DONE :Ride needed 2/28 GA - NY

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
ktt8

DONE :Ride needed 2/28 GA - NY

Post by ktt8 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:45 pm

Looking to move this dog, Goldie, golden retriever/cocker spaniel mix from Summerville GA, Chattooga shelter to Dawn's Canine Rescue in Falconer NY the weekend of the 28th or later. She is about the size of a large Cocker. Flying is her best chance as we think maybe volunteer ground transport would be too risky as she is very shy. If you can help please let me know. Thanks Kathi Tufts ([email protected]) [map:30747-14733]
Last edited by ktt8 on Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bross

Re: Ride needed 2/28 GA - NY

Post by bross » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:22 pm

I'm a bit confused, is the pickup in Summerville, GA or Chattanooga, TN?

Unfortunately I'm not available until March 7th or 8th. If it's helpful then, I could do a leg to the Southern WV or Eastern KY area if we can find transport from there.

ktt8

Post by ktt8 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:34 am

bross wrote:I'm a bit confused, is the pickup in Summerville, GA or Chattanooga, TN?

Unfortunately I'm not available until March 7th or 8th. If it's helpful then, I could do a leg to the Southern WV or Eastern KY area if we can find transport from there.

Chattooga Animal Control is a shelter in Summerville, GA. I know it is confusing. If we cannot get the dog transported before March I will gladly take you up on the offer.
Kathi

Michele
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KDMW
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by Michele » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:02 pm

A straight line puts the route way west of me, but depending who else signs on, if the route could swing east into MD, I could fly her to the destination on the 28th. It's impossible to predict the weather this far out.

ktt8

Post by ktt8 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:12 am

Michele, thanks for the offer, I was thinking maybe if I can get a pilot from the Atlanta area to fly her towards you that might just work out. Looks like getting help from Atlanta toward the Carolina's might be easier than the straight line route.
Kathi

ktt8

Post by ktt8 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:07 pm

Still hoping to get assistance for this transport,
Thanks Kathi

Jon

Post by Jon » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:42 pm

Kathi,

The next transport I am doing going to Dawn is Friday or this weekend. I am awaiting responses from the folks involved.

I have four pups from your area being loaded in CHA, and I am picking up two more in Lousiville KY and then bringing them all to Dawn.

If you want to take advantage of the transport you need to communicate with the folks down in your area to see how we can fit all the pups on the plane. One of the keys to doing it will be to double up the smaller pups. If you want to do it in the next few days get back to me immediately via email or PM and I will put you in touch with the other sending rescues.

I do not anticipate another trip up to Dawn until the plane is full so I cannot predict when that will be. Pilots going to Jamestown need to be good on instruments this time of year or very lucky because good weather just doesn't happen up there that much.

ktt8

Post by ktt8 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:58 pm

Jon, let me know who to contact. Thanks Kathi
I am in Erie, PA by the way.
Right close to Dawn

Jon

Post by Jon » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:06 pm

Kathi,

I sent an email. Get together with Jeff and Suzanne via email to see if you all can figure out if we can get all the pups on board. Jeff is really good at figuring which pups can go where and he has a very good understanding of the crates I have and how I can stack them.

ktt8

DONE Re: Ride needed 2/28 GA - NY

Post by ktt8 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:35 pm

Done, thank you so much Jon, you pilots really are rescue angels, came in at the last minute and helped Goldie and her buddies get to their rescue, deeply appreciate all the help. Kathi :D