Paperwork for Rescues Flying a Dog

Guidelines and tips from Pilots N Paws members to help with rescue transports.
brandybuie97
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Paperwork for Rescues Flying a Dog

Post by brandybuie97 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:34 pm

This will be my first PNP flight!! I would like to know exactly what type of paperwork is needed for the flight. I do ground transports weekly and know all about health certificates. I just didn't know if there were boarding forms or certain papers that should be completed prior to the flight. Please let me know ASAP!! We are boarding up Sunday, July 10th.

Thanks,

Brandy Buie
Rescue Coordinator, Cabot Animal Shelter
Cabot, AR
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/AR58.html

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Paperwork for Rescues Flying a Dog

Post by admin » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:16 pm

brandybuie97 wrote:This will be my first PNP flight!! I would like to know exactly what type of paperwork is needed for the flight. I do ground transports weekly and know all about health certificates. I just didn't know if there were boarding forms or certain papers that should be completed prior to the flight. Please let me know ASAP!! We are boarding up Sunday, July 10th.
Thanks,
Brandy Buie
Rescue Coordinator, Cabot Animal Shelter
Cabot, AR
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/AR58.html
Hi Brandy,

The paperwork we suggest for our pilots to request is a health certificate and and UTD proof of vaccine, rabies imparticular. It is up to each pilot if they would like any further information. It is also very considerate to have the animals as clean as possible, flea and tick free as you cannot just stop and get out of a plane :D Special consideration should also be given with the heat of these summer days. Animals can only release heat through their breathing so limit them to overly hot conditions as much as possible and make sure they are well ventilated, particularly short snouted dogs and young puppies. There are some suggestions on the top of the ride board for keeping the animals cool.

Please send photos and the story of your transport to [email protected] once it's completed. Thanks to all involved!

Debi