DONE!Dachshund Chattanooga, TN (CHA) - Chicago, IL (ORD)

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Dachshundlover13

DONE!Dachshund Chattanooga, TN (CHA) - Chicago, IL (ORD)

Post by Dachshundlover13 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:40 pm

I have one small dachshund (~14 lbs) currently being fostered outside of Chattanooga, TN who is being adopted to a family in Aurora, IL, a few miles outside of Chicago. Rufus will be ready to travel anytime after March 6, 2009. Rufus' foster family is in Dayton, TN, but can bring him to the Chattanooga airport (CHA). His forever family can meet anyone at the Chicago O'Hare (ORD) airport or any of the smaller surrounding airports. There is no rush to transport Rufus, but if anyone is flying this way & can help it'll be greatly appreciated. Please email me at [email protected]. Thank you for your consideration.

Angie Miller
Coast to Coast Dachshund Rescue [map:37401-60601]

Jon

Re: Dachshund Chattanooga, TN (CHA) - Chicago, IL (ORD)

Post by Jon » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:22 pm

Angie.....

I am talking off site to two gals who need four Dobies to go to Chicago. I just have not pinned the dates down because I have two other transports (one tomorrow) to complete.

The Dobies will be in large crates and I believe I can get one small crate for the Doxie. I am not sure if I am flying out of Knoxville or Sparta on these transports but if you can wait a little I can do it. I would hope the folks in Dayton would come to Knoxville.

I suggest DPA (DuPage, West Chicago) since that is where I will be bringing the Dobies and that is a whole lot easier for his forever family.

Dachshundlover13

Post by Dachshundlover13 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:44 am

Oh, thank you so much! I know the adoptive family will have no problems going to West Chicago. As for the foster family, if they can't travel to Knoxville or Sparta I will find a way to get Rufus there. I know his adoptive family will be so excited to hear Rufus has found a way to his new home. I will work on a plan to get rufus to Knoxville or Sparta so that I have everything lined up for when you plan to fly.

Thank you so much!
Angie Miller
Coast to Coast Dachshund Rescue

Jon

Post by Jon » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:44 am

Angie,

I just got one of the transports done yesterday and I have one more to do before I start scheduling a flight to DPA. When I start getting the details I will include you in the emails. I do most transport arrangements via email off site because I am dealing with folks I have done transports for so often we just stay in touch that way.

I'm guessing it might happen as soon as this coming weekend.

Dachshundlover13

DONE! Dachshund Chattanooga, TN (CHA) - Chicago, IL (ORD)

Post by Dachshundlover13 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:55 am

A huge THANK YOU to Pilot Jon! On March 7 Rufus successfully went to Chicago to his new family. I have attached some pictures below, but I honestly have no idea who is who.

Thanks Again!
Angie Miller
Vernon, CT
Coast to Coast Dachshund Rescue
Attachments
Rufus' Arrival 007sm.jpg
Rufus' Arrival 007sm.jpg (31.38 KiB) Viewed 261 times
Rufus' Arrival 005sm.jpg
Rufus' Arrival 005sm.jpg (39.7 KiB) Viewed 261 times
Rufus' Arrival 003sm.jpg
Rufus' Arrival 003sm.jpg (33.73 KiB) Viewed 262 times

Jon

Re: DONE!Dachshund Chattanooga, TN (CHA) - Chicago, IL (ORD)

Post by Jon » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:37 am

I can add a little info on the photos.

That is me looking into the plane with my back to the camera. The first picture is actually after all the pups were off the plane.

The second picture is my friend Joe (a Chicago guy who came back to TN with me) petting Rufus. The bottom photo is me trying to get Lexus the Dobie's cage closer to the door opening so he could meet his new family. Rufus was in the back seat at the time in his crate and had to get Lexus out of the way before he could come out.