NOT SURE WHERE TO ASK THIS. . . .

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
Suneebeech

NOT SURE WHERE TO ASK THIS. . . .

Post by Suneebeech » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:07 pm

Hi, my name is Jane Procacci and some of you may remember me from back in March & April of this year. . . . I adopted the little german shepherd mix pup named Liesel that had to have her right rear leg amputated. She was in Monroe, La and was flown to us in Smithfield, NC. More recently, I've been trying to help shellshock organize flights for her friend's dog located in Fayetteville, NC. Her friend is a soldier at Ft. Bragg and will be deploying very soon. But those are not the reasons I am writing today. The reason I am here is because of a 6 year old german shepherd named Alexi (Alex for short) currently in Maryland and there are many of us trying to save this gorgeous dog's life.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/183283791737964/- this is the facebook page that was created to inform others of his horrible predicament and to rally more people to hopefully save his life. He was scheduled to be put to sleep at 4 pm today but luckily, many wonderful people stepped in and had that halted.
One of situations facing him and his rescuers is that once the county releases him, he will need to be flown from Anne Arundel County, MD to Tucson, AZ area and he would need to be picked up in MD fairly quickly. As of right now, no one has a set in stone date when he will be released.
Having said this, if we had specific pilots agreeing to fly him, how much of a notice would they need in order to get to Alex?

Any advice would be ever so appreciated!
Thanks,
Jane Procacci
Garner, NC

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: NOT SURE WHERE TO ASK THIS. . . .

Post by deeogee1 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:24 pm

Jane,
There isn't a good answer to your question~~it all depends on the pilots who offer and their schedules and of course the weather. I would suggest finding either a temp foster in the area or a place to board him so he can be pulled from the shelter & remain safe. He will need to be seen by a vet in order to get a health certificate, which is required to transport him to another state.

Joanne