2011 Pilots N Paws Awareness Event Sept.17 PLEASE REPLY!

A general discussion forum for all members interested in transporting needy animals.
Forum rules
Do not post transport requests here. Post them in Ride Board.
MaxRide

Re: 2011 Pilots N Paws Awareness Event Sept.17 PLEASE REPLY

Post by MaxRide » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:29 am

I'll be home from Japan on that date and need the cross country time anyhow, so sign me up. =)

The tenitive plan I'm thinking about is from KGAI (Gaithersburg, MD) to the starting point in SC...an overnight stay in SC would be ideal (3 hours flying I can take, 6 is a bit much)....

From SC I could fly a few pooches up north for a final drop off at Carroll County airport in MD (or any airport on that route). Carroll county is my best choice as from there another pilot could ferry them further north (PA, NJ, NY, ME) without having to enter the SFRA.

Cessna 172 (or I'll take a 152 if only 1 passenger needs transport).

=================

The plan above is just what would be good for me. If you need something different, just shoot me a message and I'll see what i can do!

gloriajean

Post by gloriajean » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:40 pm

If there is a Connecticut, Rhode Island or Mass pilot needing in flight help with animals I am available. If overnight is necessary, I can pay my own expenses.

jtarkington2

Post by jtarkington2 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:47 pm

Debi,

I am planning on being there on 09/17/2011. I emailed Nick and told him I can fly a leg from KFLO to KFYJ. I will have one person with me on board to help.

Jim Tarkington

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by admin » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:55 am

jtarkington2 wrote:Debi,
I am planning on being there on 09/17/2011. I emailed Nick and told him I can fly a leg from KFLO to KFYJ. I will have one person with me on board to help.
Jim Tarkington
Hi Jim, thanks for volunteering.....we will be loading and departing animals starting at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday morning Sept/.17. weather permitting. All of the shelters involved will be there at that time only. Last year, it took us around 2 1/2 hours to load everyone once we got started. We load the planes who are connecting with other pilots first so that they can of course leave first to meet the second leg group.

Thanks so much and pilots, we are still in need of volunteers for the 2nd leg which is West Point, VA (KYFJ) to Caldewell, NJ (KCDW). If you can connect that morning, please let us know! Hotel rooms, transportation and food will all be provided Friday night and Saturday morning!
Debi

mcskis
Zip Code: 80424
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KCOS

Post by mcskis » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:56 pm

I will be there!

mchutto
Zip Code: 23322
Airport identifier: KCPK

Post by mchutto » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:34 pm

I plan on being there. I'm coming from VA so I can fly NE out of Florence. I'm not sure if I will fly down Friday night or early Saturday morning. I'll let you know as it evolves.

Marty Hutto

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:50 pm

Great Marty, THANK YOU! I will send you a private email with information needed. Please look for it.

Debi

jdhartsfield1

Post by jdhartsfield1 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:05 pm

Good for you, I'm in awe of this organization. I just joined a few days ago, and I am so excited to be a part of this. I am not a pilot, but I am more than willing to help volunteer. I'm in Fort Worth, Texas. Jennifer

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:13 pm

dmanuel wrote:I be there. I will work directly with Mike & deb on route etc.
DKM
Great, excited to have more pilots and planes in Florence!! Should be able to help over a hundred dogs that day from this location AND with pilots all over the country joining in to do a flight that weekend as well the numbers will climb! Thanks everyone for participating.

JWT
Foster?: No

Post by JWT » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:22 pm

Is there a greater need for pilots to be at FLO or at FYJ?

Thanks!
Jill