Denver Co to Minot, ND

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Denver Co to Minot, ND

Post by admin » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:46 pm

username: etc.333 on Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:04 pm

I have recently adopted a beautiful young female heeler, FLOWER, from the Poudre Puppy Rescue out of Loveland, Colorado. She was abused and abandoned along with her puppies. Fortunately, she and her puppies were taken in and cared for by the Poudre Puppy Rescue. All of her puppies have found homes and it seems, through my correspondence with Joelle @ the Rescue, that FLOWER is just what I've been looking for and accordingly me for her. I can't tell you how excited I was when Joelle gave me the news that FLOWER and I would be a great fit for one another. I'm anxious to get her here so I can provide her the love and security she so deserves. I'm grateful to find a sight such as this one that is willing to help out with the relocation of these abused discarded dogs. Without the help of others I wouldn't be able to get FLOWER up here. If there's anyone out there that could possibly help in getting FLOWER to her forever home - from Denver/Fort Collins/Loveland, Colorado airport to the Minot International Airport of North Dakota please let me know.
I have received an email back from a pilot that would be willing to take FLOWER from Denver to KRAP (Rapid City) on a weekend transport - Hopefully someone could leg her up from Rapid City to Minot? But as this pilot mentioned, with smaller planes and a transport that includes multiple legs, the general recommendation is to try and have an emergency foster lined up just in case there is a problem with the handoff (weather/mechanical concerns/etc. delaying the 2nd leg of the flight). So, I'm posting in hopes of possibly finding someone in Denver that may be able to make the round-trip to Minot in a day? Thank you for your time and consideration of this transport request.etc.333
email: [email protected] <[email protected]> [map:80201-58701]

mboyd

Re: Denver Co to Minot, ND

Post by mboyd » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi Terrie,
Now that we got the post in a new topic, hopefully we can find a fellow pilot that can either meet me half way (around the Rapid City area or so) on a weekend...or perhaps find someone with a faster plane than mine that can do the whole trip in one shot.

You have my contact information, so let me know if we can get something worked out.

BTW, I don't recall you mentioning a weight or size estimate for Flower, so if you could reply on this thread with that information that would be great. I have a 3'x2'x2' crate that just barely fits in my plane that should work for my leg of the transport.

-Mike

etc.333

Post by etc.333 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:18 pm

Thanks for the reminder Mike - The following information is what I've received on the specifics of my adopted recuse dog, FLOWER, as posted by Poudre Puppy Rescue - Loveland, CO and Rocky Mountain Cattle Dog Rescue - Denver, CO on Petfinder.com. From her pictures I would guess her weight to be right around that 30/35 lbs mark?

FLOWER
Australian Cattle Dog/Blue Heeler

Size: Medium
Sex: Female

This pet is up to date with routine shots.
This pet is already house trained.
This pet has been altered.

Hoss

Post by Hoss » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:22 am

Hi,
I'm Hoss and a new pilot to this program. I'm based just south of Loveland and would like to transport this dog to you. I can make the entire round trip in one day. Need info on crate size and availability. Watching the weather, this Sunday could be a possibility. Today I will look into documents that need to be filed with this program. My e-mail address is [email protected].

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by admin » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:59 pm

welcome to Pilots N Paws Hoss! We are happy to have you here......for future reference, if you need crates or safety harnesses I have them available for the pilots. I can UPS them to you. Unfortunately, I could not get one to you before this Sunday should Terrie work out the details with you for this transport. Terrie or the sending group would have to pick up a size that would accomodate your plane and the pup at Wal-mart, etc.

Thanks again,
Debi

Hoss

Post by Hoss » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:42 pm

Thanks for the welcome Debie,

we're dog owners, so we have a small collection of carriers. (We're Corgi owners). I'll probably have to go out and buy a slightly bigger carrier for this heeler ...

Then I have to figure out the logistics of getting the dog in the carrier when the carrier is in C182 baggage area.

Cheers,
Hoss

etc.333

Post by etc.333 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:56 pm

Recieved your posting Pilot HOSS and Mrs. HOSS. Thank you so very much for the offer to get FLOWER up this way! I'm so excited about getting her here and settled into her HOME! Like you I'm new to this program too - what an AWESOME opportunity and adventure it's been. Pilot Mike Boyd and Debi have graciously and patiently walked me though the process up through now. THANK YOU GUYS! And I'm REALLY excited for you and Mrs. HOSS - I'm sure that you too will find it to be a very rewarding experience.
HOSS I have your personal email through my personal hotmail account. I am going to close for now and pickup with details from my hotmail sight so as I can include the Poudre Puppy Rescue in on the conversation as well. Am VERY greatful for your kind generous offer and look so forward to working with you both. Will catch up through my hotmail.

etc.333

Post by etc.333 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:15 pm

Connect has been made with Pilot HOSS - transport with FLOWER is tentatively set for this Sunday. Will keep posting updated and clear posting once connect has been completed.

etc.333

DONE - Transport Denver, CO to Minot, ND COMPLETED!

Post by etc.333 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:31 pm

Transport of Rescued Heeler, FLOWER, from Denver, CO to Minot, ND has been completed as of today. New PNP pilot volunteer, HOSS, did a superior job in getting FLOWER to her new forever HOME. Everything went off beautifully without a hitch. MANY thanks to HOSS and Joelle @ Poudre Puppy Rescue of Loveland CO, Mike Boyd (PNP volunteer pilot who helped me start the process), and Debi (who also patiently walked me through the process). Thanks so MUCH to ALL for your help. HOSS an especially HUGE GRATITUDE of THANKS for making the COLD trip up! May your skies always be clear and GODspeed.