**DONE-3/17**Female Lab - Kansas City, MO to Greensboro, NC

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
mmforlabs

**DONE-3/17**Female Lab - Kansas City, MO to Greensboro, NC

Post by mmforlabs » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:33 pm

Gabby is a female black lab at a kill shelter near Kansas City, MO that needs to get to her forever home. She can get a ride to any nearby airport. Adopter lives in Greensboro, NC but is willing to drive some to pick her up if necessary. Gabby weighs 60lbs. and is very sweet.
Thank you for considering her! [map:64101-27401]
Last edited by mmforlabs on Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sowens333
Zip Code: 66062
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KOJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Female Lab - Kansas City, MO to Greensboro, NC

Post by sowens333 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:02 pm

Depending on crate size, I could do the first leg from KC. I'd prefer to not go over 200 miles one way.

lightwgt

Post by lightwgt » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:56 pm

I should have my plane out of the shop March 1st or 2nd and could do the second leg. I too prefer 200miles or less legs. Let me know when you have more info. Jerome

mmforlabs

Post by mmforlabs » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:50 am

Thank you for your offers! Will keep you posted...

James Pyke

Post by James Pyke » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:30 am

Margaret

Take a look at http://navmonster.com/map/3GV-3A4-10 it will give you an idea of the most direct route for the trip. The distance is 720 miles one way and I think would be best done in three legs, unless you could find someone who wanted to do a longer leg. I like to try and keep my flights in the 200 to 300 mile range (one way) as that equals at least double that in a day. I might suggest that you consider a more southerly route, which would avoid more bad weather i.e. ice ad snow, also avoids the highest part of the mountains between the 2 spots. Maybe thru Chattanooga TN. http://navmonster.com/map/KCHA-3A4-10 and http://navmonster.com/map/3GV-KCHA-10 I would do that leg for you.

Jim

704-604-1776

mmforlabs

**Update**Re: Female Lab - Kansas City, MO to Greensboro, NC

Post by mmforlabs » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:22 pm

Thank you for your offers!
Pilot for first leg (sowens333) is not available until the week of 3/16 and Gabby needs out of this kill shelter before then.
Any pilots in the Kansas City, MO area able to help?
Thank you!

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by admin » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:32 pm

Margaret,

I believe there is a new pilot who just joined from the Kansas City area....check the Pilot Volunteer board and/or the pilot map on the home page and email them privately. Hopefully, they can help......

Debi

James Pyke

Re: **UPDATE**Female Lab - Kansas City, MO to Greensboro, NC

Post by James Pyke » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:13 pm

To All involved

We are very close for this Saturday. We have the 1st leg from 3GV to H96 with Brian Beggs (Leggs) and a also the last leg from KLOZ to 3A4 Greensboro NC, with myself. Need a pilot for the middle leg H96 to KLOZ. call or email if you can help.

Jim Pyke
704-604-1776
[email protected]
KIPJ

84Tango

Post by 84Tango » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:13 am

Margaret and I have been emailing back and forth about this the last few days. Being a VFR pilot, the weather this weekend does not look good for flying and I cannot fly this Saturday anyway. However, if you cannot find someone to fly the second leg on Saturday, I will be glad to fly the second leg sometime next week whenever the weather allows. I have facilities at my farm to keep Gabby until the weather is good enough to fly if the pilot for the first leg will fly into KMVN, Mt. Vernon, IL (just a few miles north of H96).

Karen
84Tango

mmforlabs

Post by mmforlabs » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:18 pm

Karen,
Thank you SOOO much for this offer! I've sent out an e-mail to the group and asking for contact info. and drilling down the details...
Margaret