"Butch" Gets A Fresh Start in Holland - part 1

Heartwarming photos and videos of our rescued friends.
five7niner

"Butch" Gets A Fresh Start in Holland - part 1

Post by five7niner » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:15 am

My wife Melanie and I flew our first rescue mission yesterday, Feb 28, to respond to a request from Roberta Harding in Lexington, KY. Roberta did a great job organizing a 3-leg transport. Roberta got up early to start the journey with "Dog #1" - a rescue from a serious hoarding situation in Kentucky (295 animals involved). Cynthia met Roberta and "Butch" (I started calling him Butch because his fur had to be shaved due to heavy matting and infestation) near Cincinnati, and then drove 2 1/2 hours to Lima, OH to meet us at the Allen County Airport (great airport with very friendly staff).

Butch was a DELIGHTFUL traveler and he has a great attitude, despite all he's been through. Not long after takeoff from Lima, OH he was asleep on Melanie's lap in the back of the plane as we made our way to Holland, MI. Julie Lemson's friend Diane met us at the Tulip City airport in Holland, as Julie was busy with several adoptions that afternoon. Julie will foster Butch until a good home can be found for him.

This entire experience working with rescue people and Pilots 'n Paws has been very gratifying to Melanie and me. What a great thing you all are doing - and we hope we have many more chances to help out again!

Here are a few pics from Butch's journey:
Butch - 01.jpg
Melanie and Cynthia in Lima, OH
Butch - 01.jpg (161.18 KiB) Viewed 695 times
Butch - 07.jpg
Hey, this is fun!
Butch - 07.jpg (155.72 KiB) Viewed 695 times
Butch - 13.jpg
Melanie, Butch and Jim in Holland, MI
Butch - 13.jpg (177.77 KiB) Viewed 694 times
Click here to see the rest of the pictures: http://pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1183