Newly Minted PNP Member

A place for pilots to chat and exchange information about their planes, flying, transports, etc....

Newly Minted PNP Member

Postby WLR on Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:59 pm

I've known about you folks for a while and after meeting and speaking with the gal from Blairstown, NJ at the AOPA convention yesterday, I'm in. :D
I can assist with ground transport (Volvo AWD wagon) temporary fostering, co-piloting and photographic work. I currently rent Piper Pa28-140's out of KSMQ, (Somerset, NJ) as I do not own an aircraft at this time..... but you never know.
I live in Wayne, NJ, with my Golden Retriever, Piper, and Feist, Paco, just minutes away from Lincoln Park, Essex County, Teterboro, Moristown, Greenwood Lake, and good ol EWR.
I am active with Golden Retriever Rescue of NJ performing home visits and ground transports.
Oh and keeping with the aviation theme, Piper's full name is "Gold-Rush Piper 3 Echo 4 1" (the 3E41 numbers being the last 4 digits of her microchip) and
Paco is a rescue from Kentucky, whose "full" name is Cesar Paco Pilatus.
:plane:
Bill Reyna
WLR

Re: Newly Minted PNP Member

Postby jlspence on Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:39 pm

Welcome to the group! :D
Jeff S.
Cessna 172/Huntsville, AL - Moontown Airport (3M5)
VFR Only
jlspence

Postby PBS on Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:50 am

Welcome!! :)
PBS

Postby patthepilot on Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:10 pm

Welcome, if you need any help with your first few flights just ask, we're all pretty friendly on here.
-Patrick L
Based south of Raleigh, NC
Available most weekends and holidays
patthepilot

Postby Susan Delgado on Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:32 pm

Welcome.
If you rent, you should make sure that carrying pets doesn't violate your rental agreement. Many flight schools have this in their standard agreement but make exceptions ....like in my case. Since I rent, I also ONLY carry crated pets. I've had a few minor "accidents" but they were contained in the crate and no risk of damage to a rental airplane.

Another thing to think about as you get involved is reminding the coordinators and all those involved that there must be what I call "an exit strategy". In other words, at any time in the transport process, there could be problem. Maybe someone has trouble with the airplane or weather turns bad (some pilots are only VFR and there is still a limit on what I'll fly into with an IFR rating) or....I think you know what I mean. Just this weekend I landed early due to a bad magneto but on this trip I didn't have dogs.

I'm a dog lover so I've always offered to keep a dog a few days if needed at my house. Some coordinators are OK with that, others may not be. Also, although the start and finish cities are posted, keep in mind that there are ground transports that can help on either end and even in the middle. So don't only look for something out of the exact city where you are.

I just started this year...and have 25 air transports and 2 ground transports in my logbook. All this cross country flying has taught me a lot...I love the excuse to go flying!
Susan
Susan Delgado
Bonanza-Based RYY
N1561G
Susan Delgado

Return to "Pilot Talk"