LINK TO FIND PILOTS! Just put in City, State, Zip!!

READ THESE ANNOUNCEMENTS BEFORE USING RIDE BOARD

Re: LINK TO FIND PILOTS! Just put in City, State, Zip!!

Postby Patricia Topping on Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:32 pm

I am a board member of Walter Crowe Animal Shelter in Camden, SC 29020 and rescue dogs out of this high kill shelter and get them to low kill/no kill shelters in New York and other northern states. These are not handicapped, medically challenged dogs and puppies. Their lives are threatened. There is a year-round supply. If a pilot is willing to fly a load, to be determined by size of plane, I will rescue whatever the trip can take and arrange shelter pick-up at other end. I am primarily partnered with Animal Rescue Fund of the Hamptons, a no kill shelter in East Hampton, NY with East Hampton Airport, an uncontrolled airport, within one mile of the shelter. Please let me know if you are able to help. Thank you
Patricia Topping

Postby Jon on Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:38 pm

Patricia,

What a great opportunity for us all to have an impact. If you can, connect with shelters or rescues anywhere within a reasonable radius. Depending on the type of planes the pilots fly, you may be able to get a pilot to do a non stop flight not only to the NYC area, or almost anywhere in NJ, but you can include shelters in areas such as Erie, PA, the southern Tier of NY state, central Ohio, Central Indianna and Central IL.

I suspect all throughout those areas the rescues and shelters can find safe haven. While you work on a plan to connect with the rescues and shelters who will take animals start doing a search of pilots in your area, in the receiving area, or under a straight line route between your location and the destinations. Talk to and work with the pilots to determine how many pups they can carry, how far, and how often they and others like them would like to do transports.

I just posted the concept on the "pilot talk" area of the discussion board.

If any of us can help with your planning let us know.
Jon

Postby admin on Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:21 pm

Patricia Topping wrote:I am a board member of Walter Crowe Animal Shelter in Camden, SC 29020 and rescue dogs out of this high kill shelter and get them to low kill/no kill shelters in New York and other northern states. These are not handicapped, medically challenged dogs and puppies. Their lives are threatened. There is a year-round supply. If a pilot is willing to fly a load, to be determined by size of plane, I will rescue whatever the trip can take and arrange shelter pick-up at other end. I am primarily partnered with Animal Rescue Fund of the Hamptons, a no kill shelter in East Hampton, NY with East Hampton Airport, an uncontrolled airport, within one mile of the shelter. Please let me know if you are able to help. Thank you

Hi Patricia,

I am familiar with Walter Crowe, our Doberman Assistance Network group has pulled from there before. It is wonderful that you have found a working relationship with a group in NY. I have seen you post here, but have you made any requests to the Animal Ride Board or have you contacted any pilots listed along the route you will need?

An easy way to find the pilots and contact them is via our homepage google map. Scroll down to the bottom of the map and click on "View Larger" A list of all the pilots will come up. Find the ones along your route, click on them, go to their profile page and send them a message via email or private messaging. Hopefully, you can all work together and get these animals where they need to go! No animal "asks" to be in a shelter and Walter Crowe is a very high kill place unfortunately...

Debi
admin
Site Admin

Re: RESCUES, Have you looked for Pilots on the Board?

Postby AnnaEherenman on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:13 pm

The map used to work but I noticed yesterday I couldn't access it either. Isn't technology wonderful? You can still go on the pilots volunteering services and see if there is anyone in your location. It takes longer but they usually have their contact info listed.

Anna
AnnaEherenman

Postby Steve Foley on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:10 am

AnnaEherenman wrote:The map used to work but I noticed yesterday I couldn't access it either.
Anna

I think I have it working again. It seems like Google Maps didn't like three maps on one page. I made some changes that should help.

- Steve
The best way to contact me is via email:

steve dot foley at gmail dot com
Steve Foley
Webmaster

Postby mongosmom on Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:29 pm

Hello all:
I have just joined the group and completed my pilot profile. When I put in a request into the google map program to find a pilot in my area(as a way to check if I'm in the data base), my name doesn't come up as a pilot located along the depicted route. Is there a reason for this?
Thanks,
Ellen Herr
mongosmom

Postby admin on Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:21 am

mongosmom wrote:Hello all:
I have just joined the group and completed my pilot profile. When I put in a request into the google map program to find a pilot in my area(as a way to check if I'm in the data base), my name doesn't come up as a pilot located along the depicted route. Is there a reason for this?
Thanks,
Ellen Herr

Hi Ellen and thank you for joining PNP! I went in and added the "K" to your airport identifier. That may have been the problem. I believe Steve has mentioned this in the past that certain airports must have the K listed for the map to pick up on it. Hopefully, Steve will be reading this message and he can reply. If you do not show as added to the map by tomorrow, please let me know and I will email him directly. We certainly look forward to hearing about the rescue transports you fly !

Debi
admin
Site Admin

Postby LyleProuse on Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:25 pm

Hi Debi,

I'm getting requests to fly large dogs and I'd like to be able to input something in my profile or info that says any dog I carry has to fit into a crate no larger than 19" wide by 19" high by 26" long for my Piper Warrior. That crate will just b-a-r-e-l-y fit into my cargo compartment.

I suppose this restricts me to small or small-medium size dogs, and I'd like to eliminate unnecessary requests, if possible, by putting that info next to or near my name. Is that doable?

Let me know, please. If it's not doable it's no huge deal, but it would make it easier on those asking as well as myself.

I'm not keen on the idea of trying to strap a dog into my back seat. If others wish to do it that's fine...but I don't think it's a good idea for several reasons and would personally prefer not to do that.

Blue skies,
Lyle Prouse
Atlanta area
LyleProuse

Postby admin on Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:29 am

Hi Lyle,

All I can suggest is that you put this information under the Pilots Volunteering Services section with your original post. The board is not set up to restrict sizes of animals. If you like, you can also make a post under the Animals Needing Transport section of the forum board and mark it as a "sticky" announcement at the bottom of your message. This way it will stay on that board and hopefully, rescues will read it.....no guarantees though, sorry!

If we come up with a more specific listing I will certainly let you know. We appreciate your willingness to help out and respect every pilots offer of help.

Debi
admin
Site Admin

Postby flypiper on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:29 pm

Not all the pilots are listed....I am out of 4N1--flypiper.
‘Tis a fearful thing
To love
What death can touch.
To love, to hope, to dream,
And oh, to lose........
EZKERAH
flypiper

PreviousNext

Return to Ride Board Announcements