DONE!!marathon florida to phila pa or atlantic city nj

This forum is for transport requests that were posted on the Ride Board and have been completed. Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked "DONE".

Re: marathon florida to phila pa or atlantic city nj

Postby bross on Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:40 pm

Tom N. wrote:This is my first PNP flight, so this may be a silly question but bear with me. Will the sending rescue be providing a crate for the pup to fly in, or do I need to provide one?

It's not a silly question at all, different rescues do it differently. Hopefully we'll hear from Barbra about that. You might want to email her directly and ask as well.

I usually use a harness that they make for cars that attaches to the seat belt, but I can understand in my planes and under may circumstances why you'd want the comfort of a crate.
--
Brandon Ross
bross at pobox dot com
bross

Postby skyking on Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:11 pm

I have confirmed that the pup will be in a crate that will be transferred pilot to pilot. Whether the crate fits in each of our aircraft is always a toss up. I have removed my back seats, so crate size is not a problem. I always ask the sending rescue to use the smallest crate that the pup will be comfortable in. Almost every dog that I have transported has slept through the flight, however, I like usung crates with dogs that I am not familiar with. It only takes one sick pup to ruin an otherwise fun trip.
Another tip - make sure the people that send the dog on the first leg DO NOT feed the dog prior to the flight. A few treats are fine and make sure that you give water at each stop as well as a bathroom break.

Jeff
skyking

Postby skyking on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:59 pm

Leg one complete!! I passed "Sunny" to Brandon at around noon today. She should be home soon.

Jeff
skyking

Postby Tom N. on Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:36 am

Sunny has landed.

Tom
Tom N.

Postby admin on Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:44 pm

Tom N. wrote:Sunny has landed.

Tom

Great Tom and all! How did you feel about your first rescue transport? Please send pics with stories, as always, to castle_ridge@msn.com

Congrats to all of you this was truly a marathon flight, not just originating there! :)

Debi
admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to "DONE" Transports Complete