DONE-ADOPTED!Doberman-Tuscaloosa,AL to Lakeland,FL

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
KNorris15

DONE-ADOPTED!Doberman-Tuscaloosa,AL to Lakeland,FL

Post by KNorris15 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:50 pm

Hi All. We have a 2 year old Femal Doberman, "Brooklin" in a Tuscaloosa, AL Shelter who needs to get to Lakeland, FL quickly. She is very sweet and loving girl who needs medical attention asap. She was dumped in the night drop box at the shelter needing medical attention. Time is of the essence so if anyone can help with this tranport please let me know as soon as possible. I know this is a long transport and it may require two legs, with Tallahassee being a midway point.

Thanks to you all for the wonderful job your doing.

Kerri Norris
[email protected]
Doberman Assistance Network, Inc. [map:35401-33801]

Terry in Huntsville

Re: Doberman-Tuscaloosa,AL to Lakeland,FL

Post by Terry in Huntsville » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Kerri,
If you can find a pilot(s) to get her to Cross City (KCTY), I could take the last leg on Friday, Saturday or Sunday to Lakeland or preferably to Plant City which is just East of Lakeland and help with ground transport from Plant City if required. I am a renter so I'll need as much advance as possible to schedule a plane from KPCM. You can check the maps on the home page for pilots in the Tuscaloosa and Dothan areas for the first leg(s). Please send private e-mail as well as posting a reply here.
Terry
256-651-7649

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:00 pm

And there is a pilot in Tuscaloosa :-)

Terry, the transport that Bill did went great!! Thanks!

KNorris15

Post by KNorris15 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:03 pm

Thanks Nancy! i will definately contact that pilot.

Kerri Norris
Doberman Assistance Network, Inc.
[email protected]

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:02 pm

Kerri,

Just don't say, GO GATORS when you e-mail him like I did. :lol:

CleoBen
Zip Code: 45338
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KVES
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by CleoBen » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:20 am

Kerri,

If today's weather forecast for this weekend is accurate, you'll likely need IFR pilots to make it happen. That rules me out. :(

CB
Based at KCID in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. My range is about a 250 mile radius around KCID - Roughly defined by a circle including Green Bay, WI; Twin Cities, MN; Sioux Falls, SD; Lincoln, NE; Topeka, KS; St Louis, MO; Indianapolis, IN; and Benton Harbor, MI.

KNorris15

Post by KNorris15 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:21 pm

Thanks CB!

Terry in Huntsville

Post by Terry in Huntsville » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:52 pm

Friday and Saturday look decent from about the Georgia/Alabama border and all of Florida, Sunday looks good from about Tallahassee south. I'll check airplane availability tomorrow for all weekend in case we get a last minute break from Alabama.
Terry

KNorris15

Re: Doberman-Tuscaloosa,AL to Lakeland,FL-update

Post by KNorris15 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:29 pm

Okay, great Terry!!! Thank you so much for all your help. And thanks to all of you who are continuing to check the weather for hopeful transport this weekend. At this point, due to the weather in Alabama we do not have any way of getting her from Tuscaloosa, AL to Cross City, FL. Okay, let's just say, by the grace of God, the weather decides to play nice (paws crossed) by Sunday is their anyone who would possibly be available to help with this transport, that way maybe all involved could standby, just in case? Just trying to check all possibilities.

Thanks again Everybody

Kerri norris
Doberman Assistance Network, Inc.
[email protected]

Terry in Huntsville

Post by Terry in Huntsville » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:16 am

No problem, just hoping to get the Pup to the help she needs. Also keep the post from getting lost.