Hitch a Flight

A general discussion forum for all members interested in transporting needy animals.
Forum rules
Do not post transport requests here. Post them in Ride Board.
ria221
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Hitch a Flight

Post by ria221 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:27 pm

Just wondering if you could add a section entitled "Hitching a Flight" or something like that. Sometimes the pilots have room for more animals than they're carrying and it would be nice to be able to see who has more room or who needs a flight from the same general area and combine the two. I've tried to do this in the past but have to read thru so many posts to try to find one and it hasn't worked out yet but I think it would be helpful to pilots, rescues, and shelters.

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Hitch a Flight

Post by admin » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:20 pm

ria221 wrote:Just wondering if you could add a section entitled "Hitching a Flight" or something like that. Sometimes the pilots have room for more animals than they're carrying and it would be nice to be able to see who has more room or who needs a flight from the same general area and combine the two. I've tried to do this in the past but have to read thru so many posts to try to find one and it hasn't worked out yet but I think it would be helpful to pilots, rescues, and shelters.
Hi there,

There is a forum section called Space on Planned Flights. This is for pilots who are planning to fly a particular route and can post their offers there. This could also be used by pilots with extra space on the flights they are doing already scheduled to do for rescues.

You can also use the search feature and type in the sending location. This should bring up the posts relevant to that location only. The most current post will come up first. However, it may bring up flights that are already completed or cancelled but at least it might help you narrow things down. With over 10,000 users registered here now, which is great, there is quite a volume of requests.

Thank you very much for the input and hopefully more pilots will take advantage of the Space on Planned Flights section. If we come up with a better solution to integrate flights we will surely let everyone know!

Admin