Columbia/Corvalis rescue flight setup

A place for pilots to chat and exchange information about their planes, flying, transports, etc....

Columbia/Corvalis rescue flight setup

Postby PepoAir on Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:42 am

Hi everyone, i just moved up to a Columbia 350 and im eager to put it to good use!! i've seen some pics of a couple of rescues involving Columbias/Corvalis so i was hoping to get any info from the owners/pilots on how the "passengers" where arranged in the plane? What size crate fits in the back? How do you get the dog in the crate? Can a large dog fit in the baggage compartment in a crate? Etc.. I've read that removing the back seat is a no-no for the older model Columbias, well at least if i want to be legal. Any comments would help.
Thanks
PepoAir

Re: Columbia/Corvalis rescue flight setup

Postby Susan Delgado on Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:22 am

What is the issue with removing the back seat? You will need to get a separate weight and balance done for this configuration (FAA paperwork), but are you saying there is a CG issue?
Susan Delgado
Bonanza-Based RYY
N1561G
Susan Delgado

Re: Columbia/Corvalis rescue flight setup

Postby PepoAir on Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:13 am

During the transition training (that was not directly with Cessna) i was told that the rear seats could not be removed. Apparently they are considered part of the baggage restraint system. I have not been able to confirm this, the POH just states "removal of the rear seat back is not permitted for normal operations". Any insight into this would be appreciated.
PepoAir

Return to "Pilot Talk"