DONE-ADOPTED!Doberman-Tuscaloosa,AL to Lakeland,FL

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
skyking
Zip Code: 33043
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KMTH
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Doberman-Tuscaloosa,AL to Lakeland,FL

Post by skyking » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:29 pm

I will be happy to back up Terry for the Florida leg of this trip. I can fly any day of the week that the weather will allow.

Terry - Let me know if I can help out. If you can't pick up a rental and complete this leg, maybe you could ride along with me to complete this mission??

Jeff
[email protected]
305-797-6356

KNorris15

Post by KNorris15 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:58 am

Hello Everyone!
Brooklin's health condition is okay to wait until next weekend to be transported. I would like to start working on getting her transport set up as soon as possible. Terry are going to be able to fly next weekend? And is there any other pilots that would like to be a part of getting this sweetheart From Tuscaloosa, AL to Lakeland, FL this week or next weekend? Let me know asap! Of course, all flying depends on the weather but if we can get it set up that would be great!

Thanks again to all who continue to check the posts and to all who can help Brooklin.

Kerri norris
Doberman Assistance Network, Inc.
[email protected]

KNorris15

Post by KNorris15 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:26 am

Great! Thank you Jeff.

Kerri Norris

Terry in Huntsville

Post by Terry in Huntsville » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:59 am

Kerri,
I will be in Huntsville for the coming 2 weekends, however I should be able to plan and fly a backup if we don't have a pilot for the first leg, I could pick her up at Tuscaloosa (TCL), transfer at Tuskegee (06A), or maybe KMGM for a 2nd leg to 40j. Looks like thanks to Jeff we have the Florida end covered! The forecast looks promising (so far!) for next weekend so hopefully with a little luck we can get this done.

Jeff,
Thanks for the offer for a back up and ride along. I'll watch the board and definitely take you up on the offer sometime from around the Tampa or Crystal River areas!

Thanks again all!
Terry

skyking

Post by skyking » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:27 am

I will be in Perry (40J) on Sunday 3/22 for another pick up. If you can get this guy there by then, I can get a "two fer". The first pup is going to Tampa and this guy is going to Lakeland which is very close to Tampa.

Jeff
[email protected]

CleoBen
Zip Code: 45338
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: KVES

Post by CleoBen » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:47 am

Kerri, Terry, and Jeff,

If the weather permits, we should be able to help out with Brooklin's transport.

Terry if you can bring her to KMGM, I can take her to Perry (40J) for Jeff to finish it up.

Sunday 3/22 would likely be best for me.

CB
Based at KCID in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. My range is about a 250 mile radius around KCID - Roughly defined by a circle including Green Bay, WI; Twin Cities, MN; Sioux Falls, SD; Lincoln, NE; Topeka, KS; St Louis, MO; Indianapolis, IN; and Benton Harbor, MI.

KNorris15

Post by KNorris15 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:33 pm

Wow! Thank you all for your helping fill the legs of Brooklin's transport. I know Terry has helped me tremendously, actually he's coordinated most of this. I can't thank you enough for all your help. Just to make sure that I have this all down and please let me know if there is anything I have missed.

The Transport looks to be taking place on Sunday 03/22/2009..
Leg 1 - KTCL to KMGM - NOT FILLED YET - Dave are you going to be able to assist with this leg? If so, do you need a harness? Please let me know tonight or no later than tomorrow am, just e-mail me privately with mailing address or if you will be unavailable to fly! I will have to let Debi know by tomorrow noon to get one shipped to ya!
Leg 2 - KMGM to 40J - FILLED (CB) Thank you!!
Leg 3 - 40J to KLAL - FILLED (Jeff) Thank you also!!
Leg 4 - KLAL to Polk City - Ground Transport to be filled by Diane O'Mally once I can get some times.

Okay, does this look about right? Does anyone have any ideas of what the times are going to be? Jeff you said you have to go to Tampa, do you have a time you need to be there? Maybe we can start with working the times around when you need to drop off/pickup the other pup?

Also, if Dave is unable to fly Sunday, it's okay, I should be able to get ground transport worked out to get her to KMGM. So Terry, don't worry about covering this end, I will take care of it...Your offer is greatly appreciated!! Just in case I need to use ground transport to KMGM, CB do you have a harness?

Thanks to you all!!
Kerri Norris
[email protected]

Terry in Huntsville

Post by Terry in Huntsville » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:22 pm

Kerri,
I feel bad not being able to help out, tried from Florida, tried from Alabama, just wasn't meant to be! Probably better, 'cause flying from MDQ the earliest I could get her to Tom would be about 1100 hrs. Probably a little later than he would like to start a trip that long. Don't hesitate to call me if you need help again, maybe I can actually do something!
Good Luck and Blue Skies!
Terry

skyking

Post by skyking » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:22 pm

I will be going from 40J to KVDF (Vandenberg) in Tampa. It looks like Winter Haven (KGIF) is closer to Polk City than Lakeland and is only 5 minutes further by plane. Just let me know what airport that you prefer. I expect to be in Tampa at 12 noon and depending on when I leave KVDF, it is 13 minutes to Winter Haven. I usually allow 1 hour on the ground at each stop so if that holds true I could be in Winter Haven by 1:15pm. I could also swap stops and go to Winter Haven first which would put me there about 12 noon and then go on to Vandenberg. Just let me know what works best for you.

I will need to know what size crate that this dog will use. I am bringing a second dog (Dooley) from Perry, FL. and will need to fit two larger crates in the plane. Please use the smallest crate that he will be comfortable in and send me the dimensions.

You can also give me his height, weight and length and I can see if I have one available.

It is important to remember - DO NOT FEED the dogs before this flight!! A few snacks and water are ok but NO MEALS!!

I will need the contact info for the person dropping off and picking up Brooklin. Thanks

Jeff
[email protected]
305-797-6356

CleoBen
Zip Code: 45338
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: KVES

Post by CleoBen » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:55 pm

Kerri,

Well, since we've had a solid week of rain, the airplanes are all reserved next Sunday at the place I rent. I can make a standby reservation, but that's the best I can do.

*edit* I can get a C152 for anytime Sunday, or a Warrior which would have to be back in MGM by 1400.

What are the proposed times for doing each of the legs?

CB
Based at KCID in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. My range is about a 250 mile radius around KCID - Roughly defined by a circle including Green Bay, WI; Twin Cities, MN; Sioux Falls, SD; Lincoln, NE; Topeka, KS; St Louis, MO; Indianapolis, IN; and Benton Harbor, MI.