New pilot/ new to PNP / veterinarian

A place for pilots to chat and exchange information about their planes, flying, transports, etc....

New pilot/ new to PNP / veterinarian

Postby manall on Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:06 am

I am new to this whole deal. I am a vet and i deal with a bunch of rescue groups. If I get word from one about a pet to fly, what do I do to get it run through PNP for tax purposes. Do I just have them post it on the forum so it is documented? Then what? Make a copy of the pos forth fax guy?
How do you guys get tax part documented. Where on here is the IRS letter?
Thanks
Mark
manall

Re: New pilot/ new to PNP / veterinarian

Postby admin on Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:41 am

manall wrote:I am new to this whole deal. I am a vet and i deal with a bunch of rescue groups. If I get word from one about a pet to fly, what do I do to get it run through PNP for tax purposes. Do I just have them post it on the forum so it is documented? Then what? Make a copy of the pos forth fax guy?
How do you guys get tax part documented. Where on here is the IRS letter?
Thanks
Mark

Hi Mark,
Thanks for joining and volunteering with Pilots N Paws. I am not a pilot, I am the Co-founder, so will share with you where you can find many answers to your questions on the forum board.

At the top right of each forum page you will see the word Pilots with a plane icon next to it. If you click on that, it shows several common questions pilots ask/need to know and will give you the answers you are searching for.

http://pilotsnpaws.org/forum/faq.php?mode=pilot

Here is the link to the letter from the FAA:

http://pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6605

We do not have a letter from the IRS, we have a letter from the FAA General Counsel classifying Pilots N Paws flights as "humanitarian" and eligible for a tax deduction under our 501c3 status. We have been told by the IRS representatives that the request and reply for the transports you do must be made on our forum board in order to use our status. Even after pilots establish a relationship and do repeat flights for the same rescue group, they still ask the rescues to post the request on the forum. You can then reply or they can state you assisted them. It is advisable to keep a copy of that for your records. As far as "what" is tax deductible, we are not in a position to have that knowledge because tax laws change. Therefore, asking your CPA or tax advisor is the best choice for the most current information.

If you have any other questions, or if you need crates, harnesses, leashes for your flights please let us know. We are very thankful for each pilot who joins our mission.

Debi
admin
Site Admin

Return to "Pilot Talk"