DONE-ADOPTED!Doberman-Tuscaloosa,AL to Lakeland,FL

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
skyking
Zip Code: 33043
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KMTH
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Doberman-Tuscaloosa,AL to Lakeland,FL

Post by skyking » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:09 pm

CB

I am planning on being at 40J at 10am on Sunday 3/22. Does this work for you??

Jeff

CleoBen
Zip Code: 45338
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: KVES

Post by CleoBen » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:38 pm

Hi Jeff,

I'll have to check with Kerri. The Dobie will have to stay here overnight Saturday night or get here by 0730 Sunday morning for us to be in the air by 0800.

I'll send her an e-mail to see if there are options for getting the pup here from TCL.

CB
Based at KCID in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. My range is about a 250 mile radius around KCID - Roughly defined by a circle including Green Bay, WI; Twin Cities, MN; Sioux Falls, SD; Lincoln, NE; Topeka, KS; St Louis, MO; Indianapolis, IN; and Benton Harbor, MI.

KNorris15

Post by KNorris15 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:01 am

No worries Terry, you are helping out another dobe in need, and you have help make this trasport process so much easier.
Terry in Huntsville wrote:Kerri,
I feel bad not being able to help out, tried from Florida, tried from Alabama, just wasn't meant to be! Probably better, 'cause flying from MDQ the earliest I could get her to Tom would be about 1100 hrs. Probably a little later than he would like to start a trip that long. Don't hesitate to call me if you need help again, maybe I can actually do something!
Good Luck and Blue Skies!
Terry

KNorris15

Post by KNorris15 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:08 am

Hello Everyone!!! I am trying to contact the shelter/foster and also the receiving rescue to see if the times and places are going to be okay...Jeff, "Brooklin" is 70 # and 25" tall. Are you going to be able to fit two large crates into the plane?

CB, do you know of anyone that may be able to foster "Brooklin" overnight if someone can bring her Saturday? That way she will be all ready to go in the am. I think 07:30 is to early for someone to transport her from Tuscaloosa for that early of a flight. Just let me know asap so I can try to find an overnight foster/kennel for her to stay in.

Okay, any other questions? I will be emailing you all personally to get this transport set up with names, phone numbers, name of rescue, people involved. I will need picture of the planes as soon as you can get them.

Thanks,
Kerri

skyking

Post by skyking » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:56 pm

I have the two crates in the plane. It is a tight fit for the plane and might be a little tight for the pups, but they should do fine for the one hour trip. The crate for Brooklin is 36" long and 26" high. Every dog that I have transported lays down and relaxes/sleeps.

Jeff

My plan is to have wheels up from KMTH by 7:45am which will put me in Perry (40J) at around 10am.
One hour on the ground getting photos etc. and a one hour flight and I should be in Tampa (KVDF) at 12 noon.
Another hour on the ground and I should be in Lakeland or Winter Haven (please let me know which one that you prefer) within 15 minutes or about 1:15pm.

KNorris15

Post by KNorris15 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:21 pm

HI jeff, Lakeland is going to be the best for Diane O'mally who will picking up Brooklin. It is closer for her.
I told her 1:15, that works?

Hi CB, just wondering if you were able to find someone who would be able to keep brooklin overnight in Montgomery. i so know this is not what you signed up for but I just have to ask to see where I need to go from there. Also, do you have a harness for Brooklin? For your flight to Perry, FL? if not let me know tonight and I will FedEx on to you.

Just let me know soon.

Thanks
Kerri Norris

KNorris15

Post by KNorris15 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:26 pm

Hey CB, i see where you have commented on "Brooklin staying overnight here"! I guess I am confused, does that mean you are going to keep her overnight with you or do I need to. Just curiou, please let me know asap. Also, I know this is asking alot of you but if you are able to keep her overnight (which you profile says no to foster) would you be willing to meet a ground transport between Tuscaloos, AL and Montgomery? I aplogize if I am being too pushy, but I will never know if I don't ask. And I laid back so no is completely okay. Thanks for your help.
CleoBen wrote:Hi Jeff,

I'll have to check with Kerri. The Dobie will have to stay here overnight Saturday night or get here by 0730 Sunday morning for us to be in the air by 0800.

I'll send her an e-mail to see if there are options for getting the pup here from TCL.

CB

KNorris15

Post by KNorris15 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:46 pm

Okay, one more thing! Can you please call me, I am not that great on writing things down. It is honestly easier for me to tell you what going on. If this is easier for you call me.

Kerri Norris
Doberman Assistance Network
704-263-8303 home
980-429-6570 cell

Thanks

skyking

Post by skyking » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:40 pm

Lakeland is fine. It is an 8 minute flight from KVDF so 1:15pm will be fine.

Jeff
[email protected]
305-797-6356

KNorris15

Post by KNorris15 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:19 pm

Alright Jeff!!!! Whoooo Hoooo.