Oakland, CA (OAK), 300 mile radius

DO NOT LIST ANIMALS NEEDING TRANSPORT UNDER THIS SECTION! This Forum is for PILOTS ONLY to list their volunteer services to transport needy animals. Pilots, please list your name, email, phone number, type of aircraft, aircraft weight capacity/size, your general availability, and any other pertinent information. ** For privacy, if you include your email and phone number only in your profile then that will only be available to confirmed members. Otherwise it will be for public viewing.
All user requests for transport must be done via PM or email.

Oakland, CA (OAK), 300 mile radius

Postby henryhallam on Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi, I am an instrument-rated pilot and own a VariEze (small, fast, cheap, experimental airplane) based out of Oakland, CA. I can help transport small to medium-sized dogs or other animals up to about 300 miles from or to the Bay Area. I can pick up by car within a reasonable distance. I cannot accommodate dogs overnight because of my landlord :(

My airplane is a tandem two-seater. Furry passengers would ride in the back seat, which is relatively small - for a human it's 17" wide at the hips and 22" at the shoulders, and you sit in a reclined position. It could probably fit 2-3 small dogs or 1 medium to large dog. If the dog is in a cage then the width of the cage will be the limiting factor, so it might be easier to go without - we can figure that out when you get in touch.

Weekends work best for me. My airplane is equipped for night flight but I prefer not to fly in total darkness, dawn/dusk is okay.

Preferred contact is through email, pnp at pericynthion dot org
VFR/IFR up to 350 nm radius from Oakland, CA. Small aircraft, one dog max up to ~60lb.
henryhallam

Return to Listing: Pilots Volunteering Services