Done!! bless you folks!!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
nickle

Done!! bless you folks!!

Post by nickle » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:22 am

Hi Folks, I am looking to complete a journey for a great shelter dog Chandler( you can see him in all his glory on my original post!) He is going from a kill shelter in Ky. to Salt Lake City. We have pilots (Bless you!) to take him most of the way. What I need now is from Wichita to Denver. Can anyone help? I can't thank you all enough for all the time and effort you all are putting into this to save a bunch of "pound puppies". Chandler has a loving adopter waiting for him is Utah.He is a wonderful dog and has been at the shelter longer than he is supposed to be. Please help me to complete his journey! Much Thanks, Shari [map:67201-80201]4562[/map]
Last edited by nickle on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoss

Re: Please look! last leg(s) needed for Chandler! Wichita to Den

Post by Hoss » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:42 am

Can't find your original post .... how big is the dog? The crate in the back of my plane is 19inches tall ... which limits what I can carry.

Cheers,
Hoss

sowens333
Zip Code: 66062
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KOJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by sowens333 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:01 pm

Hi Shari, I have volunteered to do the second to last leg out of Kansas City. I can go to either Wichita or Salina, KS. I know that I have read prior posts from Denver pilots who were willing to go to Salina. So if we can get a flight out of Wichita or Salina, I can get him there!

84Tango

Post by 84Tango » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:49 am

Hoss wrote:Can't find your original post .... how big is the dog? The crate in the back of my plane is 19inches tall ... which limits what I can carry.

Cheers,
Hoss
Hoss

Look on Pg 2 of this board under the title: w. ky to salt lake city, utah

I am the pilot who has volunteered for the first leg: Paducah, Ky to KC area.

84Tango

Hoss

Post by Hoss » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:26 pm

I can take the dog from Salina or Wichita to Denver (actually Longmont, just north of Denver, KLMO)

I've talked with Dave W, and he's thinking he can get the dog to Salt Lake.

I'm on company travel till next Friday night. Soonest I can go is next Saturday or Sunday. (4 or 5 April).

Would like to know how tall Chandler is ... will he fit in the 19" crate or do I need to tether him.

Cheers,
Hoss

Hoss

Post by Hoss » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:35 pm

84 Tango,

Does next Sat or Sunday work for you?

Doesn't make much difference to me if it's SLN or ICT. Looks about equal distance for you to get back home to Mt Vernon... I say we pick later in the week depending on which has the better weather.

3 legs ....I'll guess that the dog will have to overnight in Denver before the last leg to Salt Lake....

Cheers,
Hoss

sowens333
Zip Code: 66062
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KOJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by sowens333 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:53 pm

Hi, I'm not sure if you're still needing my help. I volunteered to go from KC to Wichita or Salina. I cannot fly on the weekends, I'm normally free on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

amma

Post by amma » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:28 pm

Hi sowens

I'm pinch-hitting for Shari as she's doing a ground-transport this until tomorrow, I believe, so we can try and get this flight plan finalized. I see that 'Hoss' is only available on Sat. I will try and check with some of the other pilots from about what dates they are available to fly. Thanks, and I'll get back to you!

84Tango

Post by 84Tango » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:58 pm

I just realized I have a previous commitment until noon this Saturday and besides rain is in the forecast for my home base and Paducah so this Saturday is out for me it looks like.

Karen
Last edited by 84Tango on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

84Tango

Post by 84Tango » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:16 pm

Hoss wrote:84 Tango,

Does next Sat or Sunday work for you?

Doesn't make much difference to me if it's SLN or ICT. Looks about equal distance for you to get back home to Mt Vernon... I say we pick later in the week depending on which has the better weather.

3 legs ....I'll guess that the dog will have to overnight in Denver before the last leg to Salt Lake....

Cheers,
Hoss
Hoss

I have volunteered for the first leg Paducah to KC & can fly just about any day the weather and winds permit. I believe sowens333 has volunteered for the second leg KC to Salina or Wichita. I am trying to incorporate this transport with another one I am involved in but it may be necessary to do that one separately.

Karen