3 dogs in North AL -help getting No. to PA*URGENT*DONE*

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
MuttsMom

3 dogs in North AL -help getting No. to PA*URGENT*DONE*

Post by MuttsMom » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:33 pm

These 2 cuties are in a high kill shelter, and were turned in by a backyard breeder that couldn't make enough money off of them, to make it worth them keeping them. They obviously were neglected after they got out of the "cute tiny puppy stage", as they were nothing but skin and bones. I went down, took pictures and temperment tested them, and they are shy, but as sweet as they come.

The rescue is in Gouldsboro , PA, but will be thrilled to get them headed in the right direction, and are willing to drive to pick them up, if we can get them close enough for a road trip.

Here are the girl's pictures

[map:35801-18424]4572[/map]
Last edited by MuttsMom on Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

MuttsMom

Re: 2 dogs in Huntsville, AL need help heading North, towards PA

Post by MuttsMom » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:43 pm

These girls are getting spayed on Wed., so anytime after that, they will be ready to start their journey to rescue. If a couple of pilots can help get them towards, Gouldsboro, PA, the rescue can drive to meet, wherever they need to.

This is a hoarder situation and so far they have gotten 18 of the 28 dogs this woman has, and the others will be coming in this week. These girls, guessing don't weight more then 15-20 each and could be in the same crate, or harnessed on a set, as they are scared, and are comfort to each other

Thanks

MuttsMom

Re: 2 dogs in Huntsville, AL need help heading North, towards PA

Post by MuttsMom » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:28 pm

There's another Border Collie in Athens, who can go to the same rescue if there's room. I've e-mailed the pilots in Huntsville, but haven't heard back yet. If anyone is close, I'm sure we could find land transport.

THanks

MuttsMom

Re: 3 dogs in North AL need help to get headed north to PA

Post by MuttsMom » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:07 am

Here's the one in the high kill shelter in Athens, AL Mud NOT included :D

MuttsMom

Re: 3 dogs in North AL -help to get headed north to PA*URGENT*

Post by MuttsMom » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:23 pm

Becoming urgent. The 2 in Huntsville are getting spayed tomorrow and need out of the vet/shelter by this weekend. The one is Athens is urgent, and until I can get confirmation on transport, they won't spay her, because if they do and there's no transport, they will refund the rescue's money and put her down, because her time is about up.

Thanks

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:42 am

One last plea for help. They have to be out by this weekend. Thanks

sehall

Post by sehall » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:51 pm

Any chance of getting them to South Carolina? I am moving a couple of groups this weekend

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:48 pm

My problem is getting them out of AL. Bill, a pilot out of TN has offered to come to Huntsville to get the 3 from here. He's coming from Chattanooga, so maybe he could meet you in SC, so he wouldn't have such a long leg. Are you flying out Sat? That's when Bill wants to (weather here is suppose to be good for Sat. but not Sunday). E-mail me at, Mutts Mom04 @ aol.com (remove spaces).

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:46 pm

Thanks to Bill and Steve, these 3 will be going to rescue this weekend. I'll be transporting them to meet Bill and it will be nice to finally meet one of the pilots in person that have done so much, for so many animals in kill shelters.

I'll update to, DONE, as soon as I get back home.

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:05 pm

Due to the size of his plane, Bill is only able to take the 2 smaller dogs out of Huntsville (which is a HUGE help and relief). Is there someone else who could come to Huntsville, and transport the adult Border Collie? She's about 30-35 pounds, and got spayed today and the shelter will only give 2 days after her spay for he to be picked up.

Thanks