*DONE* Transport from Marianna (KMAI) to Daytona, FL

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
AnimalRescue32

*DONE* Transport from Marianna (KMAI) to Daytona, FL

Post by AnimalRescue32 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:34 pm

I am posting for a fellow rescue that needs transport for a Catahoula Leopard Hound from Marianna, FL to Daytona, FL. This dog is urgent, but the shelter director has agreed to hold her and we have reliable transport for her on Saturday (4/4) from the shelter to the Marianna Airfield. Please email me and I can put any willing pilot(s) in contact with her. Thanks!

Chelsey
Dogs & Cats Forever, Inc.
No- Kill Animal Shelter
[email protected]

[map:32446-32114]4771[/map]
Last edited by AnimalRescue32 on Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

skyking
Zip Code: 33043
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KMTH
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Transport from Marianna (KMAI) to Daytona, FL

Post by skyking » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:18 pm

I will be in Marianna to pick up this pup on Saturday 4/4. I have a large crate that should work fine. Can you tell me if this dog is hyper or laid back in the car. I might need to use a harness as I will be transporting several other dogs and I won't have crates for all of them but one lucky pup might get to be harnessed as my co-pilot. I just want to make sure that the one that sits next to me doesn't freak out or puke. That reminds me, DO NOT feed the dog the morning of the flight and please bring a dog blanket for the dog to lay on.

Thanks

Jeff
[email protected]
305-797-6356

I believe that I am taking this pup to KEVB?

skyking

Post by skyking » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:24 pm

I should be in Marianna by 12:15pm and will need to depart no later than 1:00pm. I believe that I still need a contact for the person that is dropping off the pup in Marianna. I have Chris picking the dog up in New Smyrna and I should be there by 2:45pm.

Jeff

FinleysMom

Post by FinleysMom » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:48 pm

Jeff (also sending via email),

I believe Lynn or Belva will be dropping the pup off at the airport - Belva said she has volunteers but she will do it if necessary. She hasn't gotten back to me about the height, however she says she is about 50 pounds (she was emaciated when she got to the shelter but has gained a little weight). She says she is a nice girl. Unfortunately we don't know how she will be in the car or plane. I believe she will probably take a large (25" tall crate), as that is what most full grown Catahoula's are in, but Belva says she is so skinny that she can curl up in very little space. She might be a good candidate for a co-pilot for you.

Shall I tell her to be at the airport at 12:15 and to wait there? I believe Chelsey is coordinating all of that, but I will double check with her as well. Do you do that flight tracker thingy, so I can see if you are delayed at all? I will be at the airport by 2:30...

I will send you Belva's cell number via email, and I will pass on the info about not feeding her and the blanket.

Chris

skyking

Post by skyking » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:43 pm

Transport complete! Matlin is a great dog and will make someone a very fine companion.

Jeff