THANK YOU RUSSELL FLETCHER!

Heartwarming photos and videos of our rescued friends.
Sadie.Zorra

THANK YOU RUSSELL FLETCHER!

Post by Sadie.Zorra » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:21 pm

As I am typing this (Friday, Feb. 24th) Russell is flying my 2 girls, Sadie and Zorra, from Terrell (Dallas area), TX to Buffalo, WY where their new life with their new forever family waits them. I can never thank Russell and PNP enough for literally saving my girls lives.
Due to chronic asthma, COPD, and medical bills, I could no longer take care of my girls. Rescues in my area were full and even some felt the chances of dogs 10 and 7 years old were slim for finding a forever family. Brokenhearted my daughter took them to our local shelter, we were told by most rescues, dogs in shelters where their first priority. My daughter discovered the shelter was a kill shelter. They were put on an adoptable/non adoptable list, meaning that if the shelter became full my dogs would be among the first to be put to sleep. They posted my dogs on their Facebook, then they ended up on Petfinder.com and that is where Julianne came into the picture.
After 5 days at the shelter, I could no longer take the risk that my dogs could be put down, especially with Julianne waiting to adopt them. I went back and got them out. That's when I discovered how difficult it was to arrange transport when your not associated with a rescue or shelter. I was blessed though and someone answered my post on PNP , even after I was told PNP works only with rescue groups. The first offer of help fell through when no one got back to me. However, I was filled with hope that maybe PNP could help. Some gave me suggestions on how to find pilots in my area and that is how I found Russell!
Russell was ready to go Saturday, February 18th but it wasn't to be, it rained all that day! After that failed attempt we had another great pilot Dave Whitney offered to do all he could to get the girls from Denver up to Buffalo, WY. From what the forecast showed it looked like Friday would be the best day to try to get this done. Russell in the mean time had decided that it would be easier for him to make the trip on his own. Russell is such a giving person, he had just finished getting another dog from Terrell to Joplin, MO on Tuesday!
After 35 agonizing days, I watched as Russell loaded my friends of 7 and 10 year onto his plane. Ziggy and I said our goodbyes, then Russell literally took my girls under his wings and we watched as they flew off on their way to there new home in Wyoming!
So now I know for a fact miracles do happen and angels do exist! Just ask anyone who's been blessed by PNP and Russell Fletcher. Who, by the way will be back up in the skies tomorrow rescuing yet another dog or two! I will never forget my Sadie giving Russell a kiss as he made her comfy in her seat. I would like to think that was Sadie's way of thanking Russell for saving her life. Thank you Russell, we will never forget what you did. Safe journey on all your missions!

Sadie.Zorra

Re: THANK YOU RUSSELL FLETCHER!

Post by Sadie.Zorra » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:04 pm

Well sometimes it doesn't quiet go as easy as we expect. Russell got the girls to their forever mom in Buffalo, WY but not without a challenge. From what he told me he ended up facing some 50 mph headwinds, which made for a very bumpy ride! Julianne had informed me of this too when Russell didn't make it at the time he had expected to land in WY. No doubt I was very concerned for him and the girls and being in Texas it was very nerve wracking not knowing what was happening. I checked my computer and cell phone through out the day just waiting on word. Julianne let me know Russell had decided to play it safe and had to stop for fuel in Cheyenne, WY.
Finally I got the text that I had been waiting for... Russell was finally landing there in Buffalo!!!! I was so relieved, but also felt very badly for Russell that now he had to make that trip back home. What he had figured would take 6 and 1/2 hours had taken 9 :( and from what I figured it would be very late before he ever got home. To think that PNP pilots volunteer for this and that Russell takes on these long hauls all by himself. It just goes to show you what love they have for these dogs and how dedicated Russell was to giving my girls a happy ending. Later Russell let me know that towards the end of their journey, Sadie put her paw on his shoulder giving him that "please pet me look", I would like to also think it was Sadie's way of thanking Russell for getting her and Zorra to their new home safely. He told me also with the bumpy ride he knew the girls were nervous and I'm sure he had a case of nerves too with that strong of winds! Zorra made a seat change and crawled into the seat with Sadie! But that they did fine, so I'm proud of my girls for not misbehaving on their trip. I know they are good girls, I just wasn't sure how they would do on a trip that long and in an airplane, being this was a first for them.
Getting my girls to their new mom was only half the journey, with all he had encountered I was concerned about him getting home safely. I didn't get any word on the ride home, I imagine Russell was very exhausted. At almost 1am I got word from Russell, he was home and very tired. I was extremely grateful he took the time to let me know he had made it. Thank God this adventure had a happy ending for both the girls, Russell, Julianne and me!