Transport from Vermilion

The purpose of this forum is NOT to post or coordinate transports but to mentor those who would like to learn how to utilize the "Ride Board: Animals Needing Transport" features. Volunteer mentors will do their best to answer your questions and share their knowledge and experience.

Transport from Vermilion

Postby Dalinda on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:16 pm

I am in WA and trying to organize a rescue for a 6 mo. old catahoula pup. I would need him transported from Vermilion Parish Rabies Animal Control in LA to Houston, TX and sign him in to Alaska Airlines. I don't have an exact date yet. Does he need to be in quarentine for a certain amount of time before Pilots N Paws takes him? He will be fully vetted. This is my first time doing this and would appreciate any kindly input. Thank you.
Dalinda

Re: Transport from Vermilion

Postby suzy on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi Dalinda,
As long as he has had age-appropriate vaccines and has a health certificate from a vet and a pilot is willing, he can fly.
Best,
Suzy
suzy

Re: Transport from Vermilion

Postby Dalinda on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:11 pm

Good to hear. Thank you!
Dalinda

Return to Rescues, Do You Have a Question about How to Request a Transport? Ask it Here!