Airnav

A place for pilots to chat and exchange information about their planes, flying, transports, etc....

Airnav

Postby richclover on Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:32 pm

I've found Airnav.com to be a great resource for flight/fuel planning. I support my local FBO as much as I can, but when I need fuel on an extended flight, a look at Airnav helps.

Don't forget to post good (or unfavorable), comments about FBO's you've visited. Especially "good" comments on pet-friendly FBO's!

See mine on Leading Edge Aviation at LGU and Turbo Air at BOI.
Rich
Evanston, WY
richclover

Re: Airnav

Postby lahso on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:21 am

In the Huntsville, AL area, KMDQ is offering $0.50/gallon discount for PnP transports.

Postby admin on Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:03 pm

Yes, we have found that many FBO's will now give PNP pilots fuel discounts when they are aware that a transport is taking place. We must remember that this is new to FBO's and taking a flyer with you or even a brochure from PNP is a good way to help them understand what we do.

If everyone would like, we can start a thread under general discussions and list the FBO's who are really friendly to our rescue transport pilots and state if they provide a fuel discount as well. Would this be helpful? Pilots would have to follow through and let the FBO's know that this particular flight is for a rescue not for the hamburger we so often refer too!

Thoughts? Would it be helpful to have a thread posted just for this purpose?

Debi
admin
Site Admin

Postby richclover on Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:56 pm

I think it would be a good idea, Debi. It would help get the word out on fuel discounts. Air nav won't show fuel discounts for transports, and they may not post pilot comments referring to them. Airnav screens comments before posting.

More important, to me, is the "pet friendly" factor. Can I bring pets through the lobby? On a leash, of course. Is there a gate outside for easy access to the ramp? Grass or gravel areas for the ritual "dog walk"? (we pick up any "mess"!) Can a vehicle be driven to the airplane for easier transfer?

Perhaps rather trivial issues, but any "negatives" make the process more difficult. For instance, we fly routinely with our Aussie Shepherd. The FBO at Mitchell, SD, fills all the above conditions except: They have "No Dog" signs posted on the FBO doors. So, when it's below freezing, raining, snowing... We won't stop there for fuel and a snack, regardless of fuel price. No fun sitting outside munching a sandwich in the cold wind!
Rich
Evanston, WY
richclover

Postby lahso on Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:37 am

Yes, Debi, posting FBO's that are friendly to us PnP pilots would be helpful. Fuel discounts are good, too. When I flew to Madison Co, I had my PnP t-shirt on which helped with the "legitimate" factor. Same with the folks (Odyssey) in Asheville, NC. With enough notice, I've been calling ahead to find a place with fuel discounts for us.

Return to "Pilot Talk"