Need help with transport so we can get a dog out.

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
littlebowwow

Need help with transport so we can get a dog out.

Post by littlebowwow » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:05 pm

We need to have help with transport so that we can pull a dog from a shelter in Orange County, Cal. We need her to be brought to Lake County, Cal. We will do anything to beable to save this little girls life. We want to pull her from a high kill shelter so that she can have a forever home. If anyone can help us out please let me know and we will pull her. If there is room for more then just one dog we will pull more. Please help us save some lives. The dog we are trying to save is a small to med size. This is the first time our rescue group has tryed getting help from Pilots and Paws so if I need anything else please let me know. I will have back up if need be til weather is good. :P

Cindy Smith

Re: Need help with transport so we can get a dog out.

Post by Cindy Smith » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:22 pm

I am coordinating a flight either tomorrow (Friday) or Sunday. Most likely Sunday.

I have a plane leaving Hawthorne going to Van Nuys and another plane going from Van Nuys back up to Livermore and then on to Novato (KDVO). If we can get your pup to Novato, can ground transport pick her up there? They would also need to get her to either Van Nuys or Hawthorne, whichever is closest for you.

Let me know...

Thanks,
Cindy Smith
925-998-9309

littlebowwow

Post by littlebowwow » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:41 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. I will see if I can find out what Airport in close to the person that is going to pull the dog for us. I will also find out when the dog will be ready to leave Orange County. I will try and find out asap. Yes, I could be in Novato to pick her up. Thanks so much. Tina :P

Cindy Smith

Post by Cindy Smith » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:58 pm

Hi there...
Space in the returning plane might be an issue I just found out.

What size crate will your pup be in?

Thanks!

Cindy

littlebowwow

Post by littlebowwow » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:48 pm

Most likley in a small crate. If it won't work out this time please keep us in mind for your next trip. We are always trying to get dogs out of this high kill shelter. Thanks so much for your help. Tina :P

Cindy Smith

Post by Cindy Smith » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:07 pm

Any bigger than these measurements? Smaller maybe?

23"L x 14 1/2"W x 11 1/2"H.

Cindy

littlebowwow

Post by littlebowwow » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:00 pm

Cindy, I don't think we are going to be able to get her out of the shelter by Sunday. Thank you so much for helping out and I would love to be able to save more dogs from this shelter. Now that I know there is Piolts out there that are willing to help out I will make sure that the dogs are ready to go before I post that we need help. I wasn't really sure how all this worked. Thank you all for everything you do for these animals. You are helping save 1000's of lives. Thank you Cindy for everything. You are great! Tina

Cindy Smith

Post by Cindy Smith » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:32 pm

Hi Tina...

No problem -- I would suggest posting your needs at least a week or more in advance. But, if you have an emergency, by all means post it -- you never know who may be going in a direction you need.

It would also help in the title of your post the initial location and final desination needed. This helps the pilots immediately see flights in their area.

In the body of your post, it doesn't hurt to provide weight/if crated/etc. I would just read a few of the other posts to get a feel.

It seems the route from south to north is very needed and we are getting more and more pilots signing up.

If your pup is available by next weekend, let me know.

Thank you for everything you do for the animals!!!

Cindy

littlebowwow

Post by littlebowwow » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:09 pm

Cindy, Thank you so much for all your help. It will sure make things easyer. I will let you know next time we need help and make sure we are ready with the dog at the time of posting. Thank you very much, Tina :D