Golden Retreiver Mix from Charlotte, NC to Missouri - FILLED

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
lepodz

Golden Retreiver Mix from Charlotte, NC to Missouri - FILLED

Post by lepodz » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:03 pm

Barney, a Golden Retreiver mix, needs a transport to his FUREVER home in Columbia, Missouri. He is currently in Charlotte, NC and boarding. He is UTD on shots and ready to be in his forever home. He can be picked up in either Kansas City, St. Louis, or Columbia, Missouri. Please contact me at [email protected] if you can help! Barney is very well tempered and just an all around good boy.

[map:28201-65201]5295[/map]
Last edited by lepodz on Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

84Tango

Re: Golden Retreiver Mix from Charlotte, NC to Missouri

Post by 84Tango » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:26 pm

Hi Leah:

Per our private message and email, I am posting same on the board in case someone else may want to chime in:

Depending on the winds and weather, I would be able to fly to Knoxville,TN next Sunday, 4/26 to pick up Barney and fly back to Mt. Vernon, IL airport where either the adopters or someone else would need to meet me for delivery of Barney. It will be early afternoon before I land at Knoxville and very late afternoon or early evening before I get back to Mt. Vernon, KMVN. I am afraid my schedule is too tight for flying on Saturday.

Since there are two main airports at Knoxville, hopefully, the first-leg pilot would be willing to fly into KDKX, Knoxville Downtown Island Airport. I have never been there before but from what I have read, KDKX should be more animal rescue friendly, an easier in and out, and has much better fuel prices than KTYS (the other Knoxville airport).

Who is the pilot flying the first leg? I have worked with several from the North Carolina area in the past.

I have my own large kennel in the back of my plane for the dog that I prefer to use.

Please let me know if the above is OK.

Karen

lepodz

Re: Golden Retreiver Mix from Charlotte, NC to Missouri

Post by lepodz » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:41 pm

Wonderful! Mike Rigg has offered to get Barney to Knoxville. I'm hoping that Sunday works out. I just talked to the adopter and she can get to Mt. Vernon no problem. I sent you message to Mike and waiting to hear back. Hopefully we get everything connected and the weather allows everyone to fly :) Thank you so so much. Barney is truly and awesome dog and Lyria, the adopter, is a great person. She is super excited.