Ground transport, middle TN to airports

A general discussion forum for all members interested in transporting needy animals.
Forum rules
Do not post transport requests here. Post them in Ride Board.
WhiteCountyTN

Ground transport, middle TN to airports

Post by WhiteCountyTN » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:46 pm

Just wondering if anyone has compiled a list of people willing to do ground transport to the various airports you use? I'm new to the board - today - and have spoken by phone with Jim Carney a few times, though we've always managed to pull off ground transport for our shelter dogs so far. The only potential we had was a nearly 100 pound tortoise from upper Ohio going to either the Nashville Zoo or myself for further transport to Florida. Didn't go through on the senders end.

Anyway, I know we've got some great volunteers here at our shelter - one has driven dogs over 3 hours in each direction to help - and I wondered if having a ground transport group available to pick up fur kids from shelters or rescues and transport them to the airports would be of any help?

LisaABragg
Zip Code: 52241
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Ground transport, middle TN to airports

Post by LisaABragg » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:08 am

Yes, I think volunteers willing to help with ground transport is an excellent idea!
Lisa Bragg
Houston, TX

WhiteCountyTN

Re: Ground transport, middle TN to airports

Post by WhiteCountyTN » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:19 am

Well, if it's ever needed in middle TN please let me know. I've got an amazing group of volunteers from our shelter. One has driven dogs to Bowling Green for me, one drove a dog to Chicago and one is driving one today to Alabama! They're willing to go the distance to save these little fur babies!