I'm a new PNP pilot

A general discussion forum for all members interested in transporting needy animals.
Forum rules
Do not post transport requests here. Post them in Ride Board.
BhamBama

I'm a new PNP pilot

Post by BhamBama » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:28 pm

Hey gang,

I just signed up for PNP today, in fact I didn't even know it existed and I think it's great. I am a pilot without an airplane. I'm currently out of work and thought this would be a great opportunity to possibly keep flying and keep current. I took the liberty of reading through the forums and have a few questions.

Can I even do this without an airplane?

I was thinking that through PNP I might meet local aviators that may need an extra hand and company along animal transport flights, offering free services but cannot offer fuel payments. Well not for the entire trip anyway but I can surely contribute where I can for the possibility of another pilot allowing me to tag along and fly a bit.

I understand that this a non profit charitable organization, and I have nothing to give other than piloting someone else's airplane or helping out for the ride.

Love to help in which ways I can.

LisaABragg
Zip Code: 52241
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: I'm a new PNP pilot

Post by LisaABragg » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:55 am

Welcome. Some pilots often feel more comfortable when they have a passenger along for the ride that can help with the dog, especially the bigger ones in seat belt harnesses. You can also help co-ordinate flights, which I see as the biggest need. Most rescue groups need help in that area. And even being willing to pick a dog up from a rescue or shelter and drive it to the airport is helpful.
Spread the word !!!! Thanks for volunteering. There is so much you can do even without an airplane.
Lisa Bragg
Houston, TX