Corgi needs flight:Ft.Wayne,IN to Danbury, CT-CANCELLED

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
dihamelin

Corgi needs flight:Ft.Wayne,IN to Danbury, CT-CANCELLED

Post by dihamelin » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:38 pm

Pembroke Welsh Corgi, "Max", needs a flight from Ft.Wayne,IN area to Danbury, CT area. Sender is Ohio Valley Pem.Welsh Corgi Club Rescue; receiver is Little Legs Rescue http://www.littlelegsrescue.petfinder.com Max has been in his foster home in IN since the Fall because he is "too old". OVPWCC currently has a dozen Corgis in foster homes and more waiting to come in. Little Legs sees very few Corgis in/around CT where we are that need rescue so we have room and generally have no problem finding good homes that will adopt older dogs. We are trying to work in cooperation with OVPWCC by taking one of their hard-to-place dogs in to our rescue, which will then free-up a badly needed space in one of their foster homes. Max weighs about 25 pounds and is estimated to be 6-8 years young. IF it's too far to get him all the way to CT, I have a friend/fellow Corgi rescuer near Harrisburg, PA that would be willing to meet a flight, also, and then maybe I could figure out ground transport from there to CT. Weekends work best for all of us: I hope there are some angels on this board that can fly Max!
Di Hamelin
[email protected]
Little Legs Rescue
"Making a LITTLE difference by helping homeless Welsh Corgis and Corgi-mixes"

(map:46802-06820)
Last edited by dihamelin on Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mars1259
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KORH
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Re: Corgi needs flight:Ft.Wayne,IN to Danbury, CT area

Post by mars1259 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:54 pm

If you can get Max to the Wilkes-Barre airport I can pick him up there and fly him to Danbury. Next Saturday would probably work out for me if the weather is good.
Joe Marsala
N5689P PA24-180
Based @ KORH, Worcester, MA
[email protected]

dihamelin

Re: Corgi needs flight:Ft.Wayne,IN to Danbury, CT area

Post by dihamelin » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:43 pm

Hi and thank you!!! I will see if I can find anyone to fly Max to Wilkes Barre, PA to meet up with you there. The foster home in Ft.Wayne, IN is willing to drive 3 hours or so to get him to a starting point, if necessary. Soooo, is there anyone within driving distance of her...maybe a pilot in OH who could bring Max to PA?? I will search on the boards but maybe someone will see this message and pipe up :)
Di
Little Legs Rescue

dihamelin

Re: Corgi needs flight:Ft.Wayne,IN(or OH??)to Danbury, CT-UPDATE

Post by dihamelin » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:50 pm

Paws crossed: as it appears tonight, Max, the Corgi will be flying Sunday, thanks to the generosity and kindness of pilots Jim V. (doing his FIRST PilotsNPaws transport!!), Rick N, and Joe M. :) AMAZING :) :) Will post when it's actually done but it's lookin' gooooooooood!
Di
Little Legs Rescue
www.littlelegsrescue.petfinder.com

dihamelin

Re: Corgi needs flight:Ft.Wayne,IN(or OH??)to Danbury, CT-UPDATE

Post by dihamelin » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:41 pm

possible thunderstorms in IN tomorrow have forced us to postpone Max's flight :( Just thought I'd send an update.
Di
Little Legs Rescue
www.littlelegsrescue.petfinder.com

dihamelin

Re: Corgi needs flight:Ft.Wayne,IN to Danbury, CT-CANCELLED

Post by dihamelin » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:03 pm

THANK YOU ALL, anyway. Max's foster mom has decided to ground transport him to CT.