Kitty needs flight from LA or OC to Scottsdale area

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
lisaavery

Kitty needs flight from LA or OC to Scottsdale area

Post by lisaavery » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:24 am

[/img][Youtube]Number of animals being transported:1
Breeds, weight, age:Tuxedo kitty, 4 years old
Health Condition:Good
Heart worm Status:Negative
Vaccinations: FVRCP
Health Certificate:Yes
Spay/Neutered:Neutered
Special needs:
Name of Sending & Receiving Rescue/Parties:
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum):
Are you a 501c3:Yes
Additional Info/situation: Zeus is a super mellow and loving kitty rescued from a high kill shelter in Baldwin Park, California. Zeus has had a sad life on the street but has a family waiting for him in the Scottsdale area and he needs a flight out. Zeus is chilling at a vet's office in Santa Monica and is ready to go any day - the sooner the better :-) Please contact me if you can help Zeus get out to his new home. Thank you!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUgnzktM ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by lisaavery on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

borasha

Re: Kitty needs flight from LA or OC to Scottsdale area

Post by borasha » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi,

I might be able to help out. If he could hitch another ride to Palm Springs I could possibly take him the rest of the way to Scottsdale.

Does Zeus have his own traveling crate?

Chuck Decker
[email protected]

lisaavery

Post by lisaavery » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Thank you for your response! I'll get him a traveling crate and am working on the transport to Palm Springs. When are you flying?

Lisa

borasha

Post by borasha » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Monday or Tuesday would work --

Early out of Palm Springs is of course better given the heat at both end of the flight.

I'm roughing the flight plan for Scottsdale (KSDL) although other small airports are also close.

Does your receiving party have an airport preference?

Chuck

lisaavery

Post by lisaavery » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:51 pm

Hi Chuck!

My adopter is grateful to get him anywhere near Scottsdale but is happy to meet you where it is convenient for you to travel.

Lisa

borasha

Post by borasha » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:13 pm

OK, tentatively then, pending final confirmations among all parties and Zeus's transportation to Palm Springs, I'll plan the flight to Scottsdale for Monday or Tuesday next week. When the transport looks solid I will provide you, and you then please forward to the receiving party, information on anticipated timelines and the FBO meeting point at Scottsdale airport.

Chuck

lisaavery

Post by lisaavery » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:35 am

Great! What is the address of the drop-off location in Palm Springs?

Lisa

borasha

Post by borasha » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:05 pm

Hi,

Here is "the plan" - always subject to the vagaries of weather, mechanical issues, everyone's health, etc.

Drop off in Palm Springs at Signature Flight Support, 250 N. El Cielo Road, 760-327-1201, as early as practical on Monday or Tuesday.

Drop off at Scottsdale Air Center, 480-951-2525, located on more or less the northeast corner of Scottsdale Airport (KSDL), the side opposite the terminal and administration.

I will update the final flight times and estimated time of arrival in Scottsdale before leaving Palm Springs.

My cell phone number is 760-285-2793. I'll need names and contact numbers for the person(s) doing the inbound transport to Palm Springs and the receiving party at Scottsdale.

Chuck

lisaavery

Post by lisaavery » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:55 pm

Thank you! I will get both parties' contact information and get it to you.
Last edited by lisaavery on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

borasha

Post by borasha » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:51 pm

What have you been able to finalize for inbound transportation to Palm Springs?

I need to lock in a day (Monday or Tuesday) by tomorrow (Sunday) and to know that Zeus will have been fed / watered / rested and had an opportunity to visit his cat-box-facilities prior to flight.

Chuck