The Cessna Discover Flying Challenge 2012

DO NOT LIST ANIMALS NEEDING TRANSPORT UNDER THIS SECTION! This Forum is for PILOTS ONLY to list their volunteer services to transport needy animals. Pilots, please list your name, email, phone number, type of aircraft, aircraft weight capacity/size, your general availability, and any other pertinent information. ** For privacy, if you include your email and phone number only in your profile then that will only be available to confirmed members. Otherwise it will be for public viewing.
All user requests for transport must be done via PM or email.

The Cessna Discover Flying Challenge 2012

Postby ben.alimena on Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:42 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this board but I have volunteered with a few pet rescues in the Northeast when I went to school there. I just wanted to let everyone know that this summer there will be 8 pilot interns (CFIs) with the Cessna Aircraft Company flying 8 brand new Cessna Skycatchers around 8 different regions of the US in the month of July, myself included. We have been given a very open mandate with the goal of generating interest in flying, and a few of us thought it would be awesome if we could incorporate this group into some of our travels. Before I get any further, just a quick caveat to those who are unfamiliar with the 162 Skycatcher, it is a light sport, VFR only aircraft with a cargo capacity of 50lbs. My personal region is the northeast from MD and PA to Maine, and the other Discover Flying Challenge Interns and their regions can be found at the following facebook and twitter pages. I know we really hope that we can help with even just one transport within our regions or across the country, schedule (and weather) permitting. Please let me know either via facebook message or PM!

Thanks,

Ben Alimena
"Turnpike"
Facebook.com/DFCTurnpike
Twitter @Skycatcher_4

Facebook.com/DFCLuigi
@Skycatcher_1
Facebook.com/DFCOzone
@Skycatcher_2
Facebook.com/DFCAce
@Skycatcher_3
Facebook.com/DFCBroomstick
@Skycatcher_5
Facebook.com/DiscoverSkycatcher
@Skycatcher_6
Facebook.com/DFCPatriot
@Skycatcher_7
Facebook.com/DFCYoda
@Skycatcher_8
ben.alimena

Re: The Cessna Discover Flying Challenge 2012

Postby admin on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:10 pm

[quote="ben.alimena"]Hey everyone,

I'm new to this board but I have volunteered with a few pet rescues in the Northeast when I went to school there. I just wanted to let everyone know that this summer there will be 8 pilot interns (CFIs) with the Cessna Aircraft Company flying 8 brand new Cessna Skycatchers around 8 different regions of the US in the month of July, myself included. We have been given a very open mandate with the goal of generating interest in flying, and a few of us thought it would be awesome if we could incorporate this group into some of our travels. Ben Alimena

Hi Ben, this sounds like an amazing opportunity. Can you please email me privately at pilotsnpaws@gmail.com ? Perhaps we can work together and save some rescue animals while all of you are flying Skycatchers in July.

Thanks,
Debi
admin
Site Admin

Return to Listing: Pilots Volunteering Services