DONE!!CAMARILLO, CA. /TUCSON dogs 3 pupsHOME & HAPPY AT LAST

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
gaylewilder

DONE!!CAMARILLO, CA. /TUCSON dogs 3 pupsHOME & HAPPY AT LAST

Post by gaylewilder » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:16 pm

Dogs and pups transported by ground transportation (pickup) and arrived Tucson 2200 last night. A BIG THANKS to all the pilots who tried to help .
----------------------------------------------
Happy is one of the three puppies.
waldo'shappy.jpg
All the adult dogs are NOT aggressive. This is the breed disposition and the pups are also friendly.

All can be expected to be cooperative and a problem free transport.

Contact person at Ventura County's Camarillo shelter is Denise Calloway. Her privat number will be provided to prospective pilot.
Arrangements including health certificates in progress.Can't arrange ground transport to plane until I know where the plane will be landing. These are Aussie type dogs. Denise knows by dog's names who owner is and is very sympathetic.

Camarillo Shelter is at 600 Aviation Drive(Camarillo air field is fpublic for non-commercial use)
There are several small airports in Tucson area. One is in Marana, serves private planes, and even has good restaurant.

If you can't fly them all the way, perhaps you can be met with ground transportation part way. For example, Camarillo to Yuma or Scottsdale or Phoenix or Mesa. Owner or helper can drive up to 200 miles in any direction for pick up.
If could figure out how to upload pictures would do it.

Owner's phone 520818-9343

or Cell 520-850-5107
Last edited by gaylewilder on Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.

N4385R

Re: CAMARILLO, CA. TO TUCSON 3 dogs 3 pups

Post by N4385R » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:27 pm

This is a bit out of the way for me, but I'd like to help. I know a couple that flys from Las Vegas to Arizona occasionally, so let me know if you've had any luck finding transport, and if not let me see what I can do to help.
Take care
Ken

gaylewilder

Post by gaylewilder » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:24 pm

Nothing confirmed yet. I appreciate your help.

Gayle

gaylewilder

Post by gaylewilder » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:19 pm

These are the other two adults from Camarillo to Tucson. . .
and the 3rd pup

N4385R

Post by N4385R » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:40 pm

Looking at skyvector.com it looks like it would be possible to do this in three legs - KMYF TO CMA, CMA TO HND, HND TO AVQ, AVQ TO KMYF. I don't know for sure that I'd be able to do this, but if I can, then the pups would stay with us in Las Vegas for a couple of days and then I'd fly them to Tuscon on my way back to San Diego. The weight of the pups isn't an issue for the aircraft, but the space for carriers may be an issue. Do you have any information on the number and size of carriers that would be involved?
More to follow....
Thanks
Ken
N4385R

N4385R

Post by N4385R » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:31 pm

Greetings,
I will be flying out this evening from KMYF to KHND. My next 'scheduled' flight will be in two weeks time, so that would probably be the best time to arrange their transport, Friday, 31 Oct 2008.
I would fly from San Diego (KHMY) to Camarillo (KCMA) Friday morning, and then fly from Camarillo to Las Vegas from there. I am checking to see if there is a pilot who would be able to fly them from Las Vegas on to Tucson that day, but if not, I usually return to San Diego on Sunday, so I would just plan to leave earlier from Las Vegas to go to Tucson on the way back. We'd plan to have the pups as our guests in Las Vegas from Friday to Sunday morning. I plan to remove the back seat so there will be plenty of room for everyone on the trip.

If you can communicate all the details to me today (the 16th) before 14:00 (2PM) Pacific, then I can pick them up tomorrow, Friday the 17th at the airport in Camarillo. Otherwise my next flight will be on the 31st.

Hope all is well and have a great day!
Ken
N4385R

gaylewilder

Post by gaylewilder » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:46 pm

Thanks, Ken. I got your post really late. If nothing works out for 10/17 then I'll let you and everybody else know I am still looking.
Actaully still hoping for 10/17. :roll:

-Gayle

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

DONE! CAMARILLO, CA. TO TUCSON 3 dogs 3 pupsHOME & HAPPY AT

Post by admin » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:46 pm

![quote="gaylewilder"] Dogs and pups transported by ground transportation (pickup) and arrived Tucson 2200 last night. A BIG THANKS to all the pilots who tried to help .

Gayle, I am so HAPPY you have your kids home with you now.....this is wonderful!

Debi

N4385R

Re: DONE!!CAMARILLO, CA. /TUCSON dogs 3 pupsHOME & HAPPY AT LAST

Post by N4385R » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:23 am

It's great to hear your kids are home!!!
:D
Ken