Pilot new to PNP

This Forum contains guidelines and helpful tips contributed by Pilots N Paws members to help with the rescue transport process.

Pilot new to PNP

Postby Fehling on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:03 am

I am a private pilot, and I own my own aircraft. I have a couple of questions regarding transport. Do I have to supply a carrier, or is this something that is provided by the rescue? Also, are pilots putting these carriers in the baggage compartment of the plane, or the back seat? I am just trying to figure what is the preferred way.

Thanks for any help. I just want to have all the facts before I volunteer for a mission.

Heidi
Fehling

Re: Pilot new to PNP

Postby PilotPaul on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:18 pm

I'm also a private pilot new to PNP as well... I was reading in another discussion thread and I think I may have found the answer to your carrier question. Below is a snippet, hope this helps you.

If you need crates for your transports, our sponsor Petmate provides them for your use. Just send an email to pilotsnpaws@gmail.com with the size/s you feel will fit in the plane you will be renting and we will make certain they are shipped to you. We also request that you send photos and a short blurb about the rescue transports you do so that we can share them on our website.
PilotPaul

Return to Guidelines For Pilots and Rescue Volunteers