Please Save Potter Pooh

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
michaelwilliams93
Zip Code: 95404
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KSTS
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Please Save Potter Pooh

Post by michaelwilliams93 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:31 pm

Sharon...

I just realized that I have some media contacts in Texas. I will email your posting to them...so if you do get some phone or email inquiries, do not be surprised.

Micahel O'Shea
Bellingham

michaelwilliams93
Zip Code: 95404
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KSTS

Post by michaelwilliams93 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:34 pm

Sharon...

I just realized that I have some media contacts in Texas that I will contact. So do not be surprised if you get some calls or emails from there.

Michael O'Shea

Purpleskies2012

Post by Purpleskies2012 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:13 am

I want to thank you so much for all your recommendations. I will be working on contacting the media and find ways to repost the trip for Potter Pooh with more details of destinations. I believe doing this first time is so hard unless you fully know the ropes. All I know is ropes known or not, I will learn fast to bring Potter Pooh home. Tonight Mason asked when he would see Potter again. I told him very soon because I truly believe in humanity. I believe out there is someone seeing my postings and feel the painfulness being separated from Potter Pooh is bringing my two strong boys. I worry daily about Potter, he is such a good pup. I also believe overall people are genuinely decent in heart and they can move mountains if they desire too. I have seen the goodness in some of the rescues already completed. All the pilots and volunteers genuinely care for all the animals they save and rescue. I need to stress again Potter Pooh is located in a KILL Shelter, it is important to get him out of there before he falls through the cracks. I cannot live knowing I did not do my end to find him a safe ride home. Honestly, I could never look my kids in the eye if I drop the ball and not do the steps necessary to bring Potter Pooh home. I will be up all night contacting all the media in Texas area and Oregon Area. It will take tons of time, but I am taking all the advice needed to get Potter Pooh home to his rightful family. Thank you again for all your time and detailing how to post for Potter, this means a lot to me.

Purpleskies2012

Post by Purpleskies2012 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:26 am

michaelwilliams93 wrote:Sharon...

I just realized that I have some media contacts in Texas that I will contact. So do not be surprised if you get some calls or emails from there.

Michael O'Shea
Thank you so much Michael...I think your truly amazing for stepping in and helping me out like this. I am very very very grateful. :D

Purpleskies2012

Post by Purpleskies2012 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:31 am

Still looking for Pilots to help bring Potter Pooh home first legs of the journey. I got FAITH in all the pilots, and know someone will take interest soon. Have a Blessed Day

admin
Site Admin
Pilot?: No

Post by admin » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi Sharon,

This story is one that touches everyones heart and I know we would all like to see Potter Pooh reuinted with his loving family. Just jumping in here with what is likely a more plausible solution for you. Our pilots are fantastic, and will often go beyond measure to help out with situations like this. The problem becomes the long distance you need. Most pilots are willing to fly 250 nautical miles one direction (roughly 300 static or ground miles so you can compare). The distance you are asking for is over 2,000 miles. It will require several, likely 6-7 pilot volunteers, temporary overnight fosters as this cannot be accomplished in one day. Another huge factor is the weather concerns and mountain flying. These present limitations for many pilots which means even if they would like to volunteer they may not be able to fly in certain conditions. So here are two other suggestions for you.

One if to start a chipin.com site with your story and photos. People do this to raise money for special needs. You can then use those donations to have Potter properly vetted with certificates he will need to fly, health certificate and proof of vaccine, purchase him an airline approved crate, and send him on a commercial flight from Texas to WA. It will be faster for him and there is a wonderful article on our homepage, pilotsnpaws.org under Resources that says Commercial Transport. It was written by one of our volunteer pilots who is an airline captain. She shares with you how to best go about making sure your pet is taken care of on a commercial flight. Continental/United does a great job.

Second option would be to contact Operation Roger. They are long distance truck drivers who will often help families and rescue animals like yours.

It is outstanding to see the pilots who have volunteered so far but there is much more to coordinating a distance this far. It is not easy and though I realize you are not intimidated and willing to learn what you need to do to help get Potter home, you need guidance if this is going to work via Pilots N Paws. It's simply just too far with so many opportunities for this to go awry.

Please consider these other options in case things do not come together as you need them to. Rooting for all of you to be together again!

Debi

Purpleskies2012

Post by Purpleskies2012 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:40 pm

Debi I thank you very much for your posting and also your personal email. I am looking into the suggestions you have made so far. I still believe in the pilot n paws pilots and will be still seeking pilots. I believe they care and treat all animals with respect and take care of their rescues. I trust this system and seen awesome rescues take place. I will look into your suggestions today fully. Thank you. I know my pup will be home soon. I believe in it.

admin
Site Admin
Pilot?: No

Post by admin » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:25 pm

Purpleskies2012 wrote:Debi I thank you very much for your posting and also your personal email. I am looking into the suggestions you have made so far. I still believe in the pilot n paws pilots and will be still seeking pilots. I believe they care and treat all animals with respect and take care of their rescues. I trust this system and seen awesome rescues take place. I will look into your suggestions today fully. Thank you. I know my pup will be home soon. I believe in it.
You are welcome and as the co-founder of Pilots N Paws, I do believe in our pilots and volunteers. I have also learned that we must be realisitic and search for the best options for not only the animals, but the people involved as well. Potter has lots of people working to make this happen so eventually it will! Commercial truly is the best option, in my opinion, for Potter. Keep us updated!

Debi

Purpleskies2012

Post by Purpleskies2012 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:42 am

I just wanted to stop in this thread and see if anyone was responding to my need for help getting Potter Pooh home. Thankfully the San Antonio paper has taken interest in Potter Pooh and in getting him home. I am also opening a facebook page for Bringing Home Potter Pooh. All are welcome to join and to see Potter Pooh eventually make it home. http://www.mysanantonio.com/default/art ... to-3230479 is the link for the article...and http://www.facebook.com/groups/328809217210729/edit/ is the link for Facebook. I want to deeply stress how much I believe in Pilots n Paws, however as pointed out his trip home would be long and so many people would be needed. I still believe there is a pilot out there willing to do this. I have not given up HOPE. I want to stress the importance of this whole group the volunteers, pilots, and the administrator. You all are amazing. Keep bringing the animals home to their families. I thank you all for everything you do to help people such as myself, how are devastated losing a member of their family they need to reconnect with.

Purpleskies2012

Post by Purpleskies2012 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:44 am