FILLED!! Please help Opie,new amputee,get from GA-VA 5/16

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
jksimmer
Zip Code: 28075
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 28A
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Please help Opie,new amputee,get from GA-NJ (Flexible Time)

Post by jksimmer » Mon May 04, 2009 12:01 am

My drop off is at PDK (Dekalb-Peechtree, GA). Either there or I can make a quick hop to Dalton Muni (DNN) or somewhere else on the north/east side of Atlanta.

echo0195

Post by echo0195 » Mon May 04, 2009 12:10 am

Also, i need to see if the foster can get to either PDK (Dekalb-Peechtree, GA) or Dalton Muni (DNN) right?

flypiper

Post by flypiper » Mon May 04, 2009 4:35 am

Looks like if you guys can get him to S NJ or near Hagerstown, I can bring him to NNJ----Greenwood Lake Airport--near the rescue.

Sam, you said a couple of weeks--16th? 23rd? I am booked the 9th and 10th (although I think weather is going to be crummy on those days anyway).

Linda

jksimmer

Post by jksimmer » Mon May 04, 2009 7:58 am

Either PDK or DNN is fine. If the foster would like a different airport just let me and I'll see if I can accomodate.

echo0195

Post by echo0195 » Tue May 05, 2009 9:03 am

Hi everyone!

My foster just sent me an email. She lives in Jasper, GA and she says there is a small airport there. She was wondering if there was anyway Opie could be picked up there.

Linda, whatever date works good for everyone. The foster doesnt mind him staying as long as he needs to.

Let me know what date works best for everyone and if Opie could start off in Jasper, GA. Thanks all!!

Samantha

jksimmer

Post by jksimmer » Tue May 05, 2009 9:20 am

http://aviationtoolbox.org/old/nearby_airports.cgi says PIckens County Airport is the closest. I have several other flights to/from GA that I'm trying to coordinate. The current plan is:

1. Pickup for MuttMoms at Cobb County, GA. Drop off at Williasmburg, VA
2. Pickup at Williasmburg, VA. Drop off Peechtree, GA (I don't have the name handy)
3. Pickup for echo0195 at PIckens County, GA. Return to Charlotte.

Depending upon the weather and flight times for 1 & 2. I will most likely need to foster Opie at least overnight possibly until the following weekend.

Note: I won't be doubling up pups and will have fresh bedding for each. If you have other suggestions to limit diesese transmission please send them.

I need to know if I should bring a crate for Opie. I have one (24Lx18Wx17H) on loan from a friend but I can't hand it off to the next pilot.

echo0195

Post by echo0195 » Tue May 05, 2009 10:35 am

I can have the foster pick up a crate for him

So Pickens in the one in Jasper then?

The foster said she can drop him off early morning or after 5 or anytime on the weekend

jksimmer

Post by jksimmer » Tue May 05, 2009 10:56 am

Having the foster pickup a crate would be preferred. That way I can pass it along to the next pilot. We'll need to know the dimensions of the crate to ensure it fits in the planes. The smaller the crate the better as Linda's plane is a bit tight for space.

Pickens was the closest to Jasper according to the airport locator but, I would check with the foster. I've been fooled by that site before. If the foster has a different preferred airport just let me know and I'll try to accomodate. I don't have times on the Peechtree drop off yet, but I'm guessing evening for the pickup in Jasper would work better.

You can track the flights on flightaware.com using my tail number N1376R. That will tell you if I'm on schedule or not. There will be a stops in Charlotte for fuel. The flight between Charlotte and Atlanta is roughly two hours one way.

echo0195

Post by echo0195 » Tue May 05, 2009 12:41 pm

Ok, yes, it is Pickens thats closest to her! And she can get him there any weekend or evenings after 5pm or very early mornings.

She will pick up the crate today and send me the measurements. She will get the smallest she can but it has to be a little big as he is wearing an e-collar to prevent him for bothering with his stitches.

Thanks all.

When were you planning on doing the pickup from Pickens so i can give the foster a heads up. she is fine with holding him as long as she needs to. Thanks so so much!

Sam

echo0195

Post by echo0195 » Tue May 05, 2009 12:42 pm

Oh, i forgot, does it need to be a certain kind of crate?