Need transport from New Orleans to Nashville TN

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
Puppycat22

Need transport from New Orleans to Nashville TN

Post by Puppycat22 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:17 pm

Have a senior golden who is HW+ out of a shelter in JeffersonParish in Marrero Louisiana 70072. Am writing this to get info before requesting a transport because the dog will just be getting neutered 8/13/12 and I still need to get info ( wt. etc) from sending shelter. Do I need to supply crate? What airport would pilot use? I am in zip 37221. I have never used your services before so please bear with me. This dog is frail and just came out of the shelter and needs HW treament soon so I want to make transport as painless as possible.Will also consider ground transport if available but prefer air for saving time. Anyone have any advice? Dog will be ready this week to go. Pls contact me @ [email protected].

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Need transport from New Orleans to Nashville TN

Post by deeogee1 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:20 pm

Puppycat22~~you can post your request now on the "Ride Board: Animals Needing Transport" and then go back & edit your post as you get the info needed. I'm sorry, but there are no complete answers to give you now for the questions you asked.
Airport(s) used are picked by the pilots, but they usually choose ones closest to the sender/receiver locations.
Crates also vary by pilot~~some have their own to use, some just tether large dogs with a harness, or they may ask you to provide one. All you can do is post & wait to see if any pilots offer to help & ask them your questions again. ;)
Good luck,

Joanne

Puppycat22

Re: Need transport from New Orleans to Nashville TN

Post by Puppycat22 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:52 am

JoAnne- Thanks for the info!!