DONE Deaf Puppy /Charlotte,NC(28201)Long Island, NY 11937

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Colleen
Zip Code: 11930
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

DONE Deaf Puppy /Charlotte,NC(28201)Long Island, NY 11937

Post by Colleen » Thu May 07, 2009 5:57 pm

Casper is an all white lab puppy that is deaf. He has been in a foster home for approx. 6 weeks and is waiting to go to his new home on Long Island NY. (he hears there are great beaches up there and can't wait to run in the sand.) I posted for East Hampton where is adopted home is, but anywhere on LI is good. If you can help, please email me at [email protected] Thank you. Colleen

[map:28201-11937]5876[/map]
Last edited by Colleen on Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes

Re: Deaf Puppy from Charlotte, NC(28201)Long Island, NY

Post by admin » Thu May 07, 2009 9:52 pm

Colleen, what is the zip code for the receiving party in NY? You need to put it in your subject line please. I chose a zip code for Charlotte but there are too many for Long Island!

Thanks,
Admin

jtrindle

Re: Deaf Puppy /Charlotte, NC(28201)Long Island, NY 11937

Post by jtrindle » Sat May 09, 2009 11:43 am

She's got the East Hampton zip code (KHTO) in the Subject....

I'd like to get involved with a leg through KJGG (23185) say to NJ or into NC.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat May 09, 2009 7:09 pm

jtrindle wrote:She's got the East Hampton zip code (KHTO) in the Subject....

I'd like to get involved with a leg through KJGG (23185) say to NJ or into NC.
Actually, I closed my eyes and chose the zip code for Long Island....The requestor can change it but I thought for the "Map this Request" feature it would be close enough! However, I could be wrong!~

Rescues, please please put the cities, states and zip codes in your subject line! If you need to add them just open your original message and look for the "edit" word upper right of the message window. When you are finished editing click submit. There are limited number of spaces available for use in the subject line so you may have to delete another word or two. This will not matter because if a pilot sees the cities and states and can help, they will open your message for the rest of the information.

thanks,
Debi, aka Admin

jtrindle

Post by jtrindle » Sun May 10, 2009 2:13 pm

Sorry about the confusion, Debi... one more (hopefully last and this time correct...) nitpick, I don't see the "Map This Request" link in this thread.

I think it's very cool that there is a tool that allows rescue requesters to find pilots, now I just wish there was one for pilots to find rescues (route crosses within X nautical miles of home base) and brings up a list of forum threads. I understand this might be more complicated *grin*.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun May 10, 2009 4:28 pm

jtrindle wrote:Sorry about the confusion, Debi... one more (hopefully last and this time correct...) nitpick, I don't see the "Map This Request" link in this thread.

I think it's very cool that there is a tool that allows rescue requesters to find pilots, now I just wish there was one for pilots to find rescues (route crosses within X nautical miles of home base) and brings up a list of forum threads. I understand this might be more complicated *grin*.
LOL, well who knows, maybe one day we will have that as well but at this point in time we are doing the best with what we have :D

The "Map this Request" feature has to be added manually. It is not automatic when someone posts the city, state and zip code in the subject line however it saves us from having to look the zip codes up! Our volunteer webmaster (and pilot) extraordinare Steve Foley is the person who 'makes' the "map this request" happen. He is presently taking finals therefore his time is limited until classes are out for the summer in about a week.

We have talked about the possibility of a feature to let pilots know when a request comes up in their area. However, pilots have different planes, different ratings, different distances they are willing to travel, etc. so to narrow a search down that would cover every pilot would be difficult. Much easier with the rescues because the animal is going from point A to point B. Pilots "points" will vary.

Thanks for the input, suggestions and feel free to ask more questions, we don't have a limit--ha~!

Debi

jtrindle

Post by jtrindle » Wed May 20, 2009 1:38 pm

Colleen, I'm still interested in helping with this one. I hope to have a crate by the weekend.

...John Trindle

jtrindle

Post by jtrindle » Fri May 22, 2009 12:35 pm

Crates received

JERRY S.

Post by JERRY S. » Fri May 22, 2009 1:28 pm

Could do MD to NY leg

Colleen
Zip Code: 11930
Foster?: No

Post by Colleen » Fri May 22, 2009 10:43 pm

Ok, we have John to do Charlotte, NC to Richmond, hopefully Darcy to do Richmond to Maryland, and Jerry from Md. to Long Island. Great. Now if we could just coordinate the days and times. Please email me at [email protected] thanks guys you are great. Colleen