DONE - Las Vegas to San Francisco

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
stevel22

DONE - Las Vegas to San Francisco

Post by stevel22 » Tue May 12, 2009 7:58 pm

I'm happy to say that I've completed my first transport. I flew Vinnie, an American Brittany Spaniel, frin Las Vegas to Half Moon Bay, just outside of Palo Alto. He was a great passenger and, not surprisingly, slept most of the time.

If someone could explain to me how to upload them, I have some nice photos of the day.

Steve

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: DONE - Las Vegas to San Francisco

Post by admin » Tue May 12, 2009 8:10 pm

Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for completing your first transport today! You have changed this little ones life!

It's not difficult to upload photos. When you are posting, scroll to the bottom of your post and you will see a tab that says "upload attachment. Click on that, then browse your computer for the photo, click add the file, make a comment about the photo in the comment line if you so desire and then click submit. Just make sure your photo file size is for email or web viewing --otherwise, you may not be able to upload them.

Please send them to me as well for the website Photo Gallery section!

Debi

stevel22

Post by stevel22 » Mon May 18, 2009 1:51 am

I tried to upload some photos...even figured out how to shrink them...I'm sorry to say that when I encountered a message stating that 3 pictures was the maximum I could attach. I gave up. Also, it was very inconvenient to have to specify each picture individually... It be nice if you could specify multiple files of at least an entire folder instead perhaps? In any event, I'm sorry that I am unable to share some pictures of the day as I think they are fun to look at and, also, other people would have enjoyed them.

All the best,

Steve

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon May 18, 2009 8:30 am

stevel22 wrote:I tried to upload some photos...even figured out how to shrink them...I'm sorry to say that when I encountered a message stating that 3 pictures was the maximum I could attach. I gave up. Also, it was very inconvenient to have to specify each picture individually... It be nice if you could specify multiple files of at least an entire folder instead perhaps? In any event, I'm sorry that I am unable to share some pictures of the day as I think they are fun to look at and, also, other people would have enjoyed them.
All the best,
Steve
Steve, I completely understand but we are bound by the restrictions of this software and each photo must be uploaded seperately. As you stated, you can upload three per post. If you would like to add more, it's easy, just hit reply to your own message and upload three more. I will look and see if we can increase the number of photos allowed per each post BUT you will still need to browse your computer and upload each one individually. This is very common with all bulletin board type forums. With yahoogroups, and others like it, they offer a section for an album. However, you must direct people "to" that album because it is not included in the postings.

Another option if you can use the free Picasa program (LOVE IT!) and upload your entire folder of pics online and send the link here.

Please do send your photos to me , [email protected] and I will upload them for you here and under the Photo Gallery and Story page on the website. Thank youso very much for doing your first transport and we look forward to seeing those pics and hearing about your next one!

Debi

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon May 18, 2009 6:57 pm

As promised, here are Steve's photos from his first transport with a wonderful Brittany Spaniel named "Vinnie". Steve flew Vinnie from Las Vegas to San Francisco. Great pics and thank you Steve!
Attachments
GetAttachmentCATPI1EHStevesplaneview.jpg
Great View!
GetAttachmentCATPI1EHStevesplaneview.jpg (19.64 KiB) Viewed 288 times
GetAttachmentCARCD1W1StevesPlane.jpg
Steve arriving
GetAttachmentCARCD1W1StevesPlane.jpg (24.03 KiB) Viewed 288 times
GetAttachmentCAQRAWOSSteveandVinnie.jpg
Steve and Vinnie!
GetAttachmentCAQRAWOSSteveandVinnie.jpg (29.49 KiB) Viewed 288 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon May 18, 2009 7:00 pm

More pics from Steve and Vinnies flight......
Attachments
GetAttachmentSteveVinnie.jpg
Handsome boy Vinnie!
GetAttachmentSteveVinnie.jpg (11.43 KiB) Viewed 283 times
GetAttachmentSteveview.jpg
Another great view
GetAttachmentSteveview.jpg (22.46 KiB) Viewed 283 times
GetAttachmentCATK341DSteveVinnieTonyEva.jpg
Tony and Eva, Vinnie's rescue fosters
GetAttachmentCATK341DSteveVinnieTonyEva.jpg (36.74 KiB) Viewed 283 times