2 tiny babies need ride from Stanton VA to Alb or Bing. NY

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
lizardgirl

2 tiny babies need ride from Stanton VA to Alb or Bing. NY

Post by lizardgirl » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:24 pm

Number of animals being transported: 2 tiny females, fully vetted, both under 12 pounds
Breeds, weight, age: Doxie mix demale age 2 yrs, 12 pounds...terrier mix female age 1 1/2 yrs, 12 pounds
Health Condition: healthy, vetted
Heart worm Status: neg
Vaccinations: UTD w/documentation
Health Certificate: will obtain prior to departure
Spay/Neutered: no, upon arrival
Special needs: none
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties Julia Anderson, foster
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Elizabeth Mcdonald, rescue coordinator, foster
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): 607-287-6977 cell, or 607-432-8721 home evenings....email [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: no
Additional Info/situation: these tow girls were saved from death row, there was no other option for them to be saved, they were scheduled for euthenasia. They are super sweet and beautiful little girls, going to approved foster homes in NY. Can you help get them home? I do have someone that can travel the week of Oct 1 thru oct 7th and get them from Tn and fly them to Stanton, VA, but will need someone to pick them up on that same day and transport them to NY or do part of the legs needed to get them to NY..destination can be Albany NY or Binghamton NY..thank you for any help!!!
Attachments
!cid_1_747827056@web181705_mail_ne1_yahoo.jpg
tiny baby girl rescued from death row, needs to get to safety in NY asap!! Need a lap dog on your trip? she loves laps!
!cid_1_747827056@web181705_mail_ne1_yahoo.jpg (77.34 KiB) Viewed 479 times
!cid_07AEEE3BA92941869F29AE49163A126B@HESTER.jpg
Another tiny baby girl needs to get to safety in NY asap, she will go back into the shelter if transport cannot be arranged, small and will fit on your lap!
[email protected] (52.65 KiB) Viewed 479 times
Last edited by lizardgirl on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

JoeDon

Re: 2 tiny babies need ride from Stanton VA to Alb or Bing.

Post by JoeDon » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:33 pm

I am in Hagerstown md. and can probably work this out, let me know real schedule and destination.

Joe

JoeDon

Post by JoeDon » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:34 pm

I am in Hagerstown md. and can probably work this out, let me know real schedule and destination.

Joe

lizardgirl

Post by lizardgirl » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:46 pm

omg!!!!!! i pray this will work!! I have a gal who has a small plane out of Stanton VA, she will get them this week (flexible) from near Chattanooga, TN and fly them back to Stanton and arrive in the early afternoon...she can only do this before next weekend as she is going on vacation. She would need the dogs picked up in Stanton as she cant keep them..her name is Marianne Blair. If you would like her information, i can provide that to you. These little girls have no way of getting here, transports on ground are full and long wait, they will end of back in the shelter if i dont get them out. Temp foster only in TN....they can go to either Binghamton NY or Albany Ny airport!
Attachments
!cid_07AEEE3BA92941869F29AE49163A126B@HESTER.jpg
[email protected] (52.65 KiB) Viewed 474 times

JoeDon

Post by JoeDon » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:58 pm

Give me her info and we will try to work this out>

Joe

lizardgirl

Post by lizardgirl » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:11 pm

her name is Marianne Blair out of Staunton VA, airport # KSHD home is 540-946-8315 cell is 540-241-3296.....thanks so much for your help!

BrianR
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KSYR
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by BrianR » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:01 pm

Joe,

If you wanted to split the VA-NY part in half, I could get them the rest of the way to NY. (Doing a quick Google Maps search, can't locate a Stanton in VA, so not sure where exactly that is.) This week, it would need to be either Thursday or Friday, and I am VFR only.

Lizardgirl, the title of your post is a bit confusing, as it also mentions Oneonta to Chattanooga. Is this a separate transport?

JoeDon

Post by JoeDon » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:13 pm

BrianR wrote:Joe,

If you wanted to split the VA-NY part in half, I could get them the rest of the way to NY. (Doing a quick Google Maps search, can't locate a Stanton in VA, so not sure where exactly that is.) This week, it would need to be either Thursday or Friday, and I am VFR only.

Lizardgirl, the title of your post is a bit confusing, as it also mentions Oneonta to Chattanooga. Is this a separate transport?
Would be happy to meet you half way between Hagerstown{HGR} and albany. Maybe we can work this out.

Joe

lizardgirl

Post by lizardgirl » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:57 pm

hi Guys.....i know my post was confusing, these dogs are In Chattanooga, TN, they do need to go to NY...either Albany NY or Binghamton, i live in Oneonta so i will drive to the airport, eith one to get them....the gal who offered to get them from Chattanooga is Marianne Blair, she is willing to get them this week and fly them to Staunton, virginia (Shenandoah Valley) Airport # KSHD and would need them picked up there ...so i need these two dogs picked up at this airport. Her number is 540-946-8315 or 540-241-3296..she can do this pretty much anytime this week only......does this information help you? I have never done this before so im really trying to get you the information you need! thank you!!!!!!!!!!! so from VA they need to go to either airport...albany New York or Binghamton, NY..looks like the binghamton one would be closer!

marblair

Post by marblair » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:02 pm

Just thought I would jump in the mix here. If all works out with weather, I will go to Tennessee on Wed so I can leave with the pups first thing Thursday morning, hopefully getting to SHD around lunchtime. As I am flying a Piper Cherokee 140, it will take me over 3 hours for the flight. Sounds like these girls are really running out of time so lets make this work. I am available to fly till next Sunday, Oct. 7th. and am flexible with all days.