2 tiny babies need ride from Stanton VA to Alb or Bing. NY

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
lizardgirl

Re: 2 tiny babies need ride from Stanton VA to Alb or Bing.

Post by lizardgirl » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:18 pm

hi..its all set!! They can be at Cleaveland airport in a crate with papers and leashes and collars by their foster mom!!! Just let me know any changes!! I will email you their contact numbers as well!! Thank you for helping these babies get home!!!!!!!!!! They are super sweet and one needs grooming badly, but both are little dolls and you will fall in love with them!! You are their angels!! We are not sure which person will be meeting you, but if it is Thursday it will be julia the foster, her number is 423-667-5300 if it is another day it will be Betty and her number is 762-423-9210.....thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!!

marblair

Post by marblair » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:36 pm

Just noticed that one of my phone numbers is listed incorrectly. My home number is 540-946-8315 and cell phone is 540-241-3290. Thanks.

BrianR
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KSYR
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by BrianR » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:32 pm

Ok, this helps clarify things. As to the final destination, I will be returning to Syracuse, but I can certainly drop them off in Oneonta if that's easier. Which destination would get them closer to their final home?

If it's Binghamton, I'd prefer to go to Tri Cities Airport in Endicott, as Binghamton airport is not particularly accommodating to PnP flights at present. If Albany, I'd go to one of the outlying airports. But Oneonta airport is fine, as is Sidney, or whichever will get them closer to where they need to go.

Once the final destination is determined, Joe and I can find a halfway point for the exchange.

lizardgirl

Post by lizardgirl » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:12 am

OMG!!!!!!!!!! you are terrific!!! I live in Oneonta and your willing to bring them here???? I work so was trying to figure out my schedule, cant call in ( im a nurse) so was trying to figure how to take the time to get to the airport...im in the middle from either one about and hour and a half...your amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oneonta will be PERFECT!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much!! Foster moms are ready to take them, we cant wait! here is my cell number 607-287-6977, my name is Elizabeth, im so grateful to both of you and this would not be possible without you both!! These babies will have a much better life now and dont have to go back to the shelter, whoot, whoot!!!!!
Much respect, Elizabeth!

BrianR

Post by BrianR » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:08 am

Ok, looks like this might actually work. :D

Joe, since you have to go south to pick them up, I don't mind coming to HGR. Or, if you don't mind flying a bit further north, York would work also. But I'm ok with either one, so just let me know your preference.

Marianne and Joe, I'm good with either Thursday or Friday. Can't do Saturday, as both planes to which I have access are booked for that day. Weather looks a bit doubtful for Thursday for VFR up here, but still too early to say with any certainty.

BrianR

Post by BrianR » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:24 am

Marianne and Joe,

Just had another thought: I recently responded to another request where someone was trying to get a single dog, a 10 lb puppy, from Mobile, AL to Syracuse. If they could get the dog to Chattanooga, what's the chance both of you would be able to accommodate it on your flights? I have room for separate crates in the 182, but don't know if that's the case for you.

I don't know if they still need the transport, but I know no one had volunteered for any of the southern legs so far. Just thought if it would be possible to piggyback the two, that might be good.

marblair

Post by marblair » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:54 pm

Brian,
Unfortunately, I am unable to take a third dog with me. I have another person going with me and our backseat area is pretty limited. We'll have enough room for the two we are scheduled to take but we can't fit another. So sorry.
Marianne

lizardgirl

Post by lizardgirl » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:00 pm

if anyone has any questions..here is my contact information..dont want to miss any calls! My cell is 607-287-6977, my work number until 2 pm is 607-433-6360 in case i dont answer the cell, and my home in the afternoon /evening is 6077-432-8721....thank you! Elizabeth 8-)

JoeDon

Post by JoeDon » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:06 pm

BrianR wrote:Ok, looks like this might actually work. :D

Joe, since you have to go south to pick them up, I don't mind coming to HGR. Or, if you don't mind flying a bit further north, York would work also. But I'm ok with either one, so just let me know your preference.

Marianne and Joe, I'm good with either Thursday or Friday. Can't do Saturday, as both planes to which I have access are booked for that day. Weather looks a bit doubtful for Thursday for VFR up here, but still too early to say with any certainty.
York is good, I fly in there regularly. Thursday is looking good down here, but I can overnigt them here and meet you on Friday.

Joe